anyone have the Craftsman 18 in. Wood and Metal Cutting Band Saw

Craftsman 18 in. Wood and Metal Cutting Band Saw

Sears item #00922450000 Mfr. model #22450

Reply to
doc44

And you want to know what about it?

Reply to
Charlie Self

is it worth buying? does it do a good job on both wood and metal?

Reply to
doc44

I can't speak to the use with metal...I don't cut enough metal in a year to make a difference. I also don't believe it's wise to use a tool to cut both metal and wood.

So far, my 18" has worked well. I'm not thrilled by two things, one of which is the fence; the other is the slit for the blade coming out of the front of the table, so the pin makes it difficult to fit an aftermarket fence. I'll eventually put on an aftermarket fence, even if I have to do some fiddling to make blade changes easier.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Reply to
doc44