Anyone have any experience with a Mini Max S45 Bandsaw?

I was in a friends resaw plant this week and noticed a bandsaw in the corner that looks pretty hefty. Just wondered if anyone uses one of these and whats good and bad about it.

Reply to
Rodger Pevehouse

S45 is the cheapseats saw from MiniMax. The real hefty saws are the MM16, MM20, MM24, etc.

Check out the products at their website -

I am very statisfied with my M>I was in a friends resaw plant this week and noticed a bandsaw in the

Reply to
John Crea

I've had an S45 for about 15 years now, and I can tell you it's not a cheapseats saw. It doesn't have the resaw capacity of the MM saws, but it's a rugged smooth running saw with more than enough power for resawing 10" stock. It has cast iron wheels and as strong of frame as the MM saws...

Reply to
dave barker

The website is

$1795, I could hardly call this a cheapseats saw.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Call it what you want, it is still several hundred dollars CHEAPER than the MM branded saw. I call that the cheapseats version, you can call it whatever you like

John

Reply to
John Crea

Wow, they just raised their prices big time. That saw used to be around $1000. Looks like the price of the MM16 went up, also. Probably because of the weak dollar.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Wells

As far as I know, this was the original "Mini Max" bandsaw. When I bought mine in 1989, there were no other SCM bandsaws branded as MiniMax. IIRC, I paid about $1200 for mine.

Reply to
dave barker