Anyone from a 240V-50Hz country want tools?

I recently bought a lot of tools that included a few 240V/50Hz models. That doesn't do me a lot of good since I live in the USA. Wired with Australian/South Seas-type grounded plugs, but can be changed over to whatever your local design is. Also can be used in the US if you have a 240V circuit.
First is a lightly-used B&D Industrial-branded version of the DeWalt palm sander. Same tool. 1/4 sheet, can use a dust bag (not included). I've tested this on a stepup transfomer and it works fine.
Second is a new or once-used B&D Industrial hot air gun. 2000W power, two removable tips, dual heat settings, and nice steel carrying case. Made in England. My transformer doesn't have the power to test this, but it looks like new and tests out with a meter.
So, any folks from Down Under, UK, or continental Europe need a couple tools? Entertaining offers right now.
GTO(John)
On 01 Nov 2003 04:13:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) wrote:

Yes it does.
I was always under the impression that 50Hz stuff could be run on 60Hz, but not the other way around.
Barry
The motors with brushes are not sensitive to frequency. Heaters are not either. Induction motors will run at speeds dependent on frequency. A 60 Hz motor runs at 5/6 speed on 50 Hz and a 50 Hz motor runs at 6/5 speed on 60 Hz. The 60 Hz motor will run slightly warmer on 50 Hz. Wilson
in message (GTO69RA4) wrote:

You can run 50 Hz stuff on 60 Hz, that's how I tested the sander with a transformer.
The problem is that I can't be dragging a transfomer around or looking for a 240V line every time I go somewhere with a palm sander or heat gun.
GTO(John)

On 01 Nov 2003 04:13:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) wrote:
I have a Makita sander and a Hitachi 1/2" hammer drill both are 240V/50Hz. I have been using it for the last few year, run slightly slower and have not other problems. I see no reason getting a transformer to step down to 110V.
Keep it. :-)

I used a Millers Falls 240V drill on 120 for years. The thing here is that I already have three palm sanders, and this heat gun running at a low voltage wouldn't be any better than the one I have that's made for 120.
Someone who actually _needs_ 240V tools could get better use out of them. No takers? Up on eBay they go.
GTO(John)