Any disadvantage of 12" SCMS versus 10" SCMS

Am looking at either Bosch or Makita 10 or 12" SCMS to finish the trim and flooring in a house I am building. Is there any disadvantage to using a 12" versus a 10" other than cost and a bit more weight.
Am installing some fairly wide cove molding - thought the 12" might come in handy.
Go with the 10" saws, the 12's deflect too much for my liking. Cut your crown on the flat, a much better way to do it anyway.
FWIW, my Hitachi 8" SCMS will cut 12". Of course, the diameter also limits the height capacity. Hitachi has a new 10" that you might want to consider. Plus they were making sliders before Bosch or Makita IIRC.
Mike
On 14 Feb 2005 15:51:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@genevaonline.com wrote:

I'd go with the 12" if I was buying again. I've got the 10" Makita. Great saw but I have needed to cut past it's limits many times. I would not hesitate on the 12" if I had the cash and space.
Neil
Keep an eye out for the Dewalt dual bevel. I picked up a refurb for $209 at a WW show. For that price, I guess it's OK. I had sold my Hitachi 8.5" SCMS in favor of a CMS that can be place on a 24" wide bench. The sliders take another 6" or so.