Any disadvantage of 12" SCMS versus 10" SCMS

Am looking at either Bosch or Makita 10 or 12" SCMS to finish the trim and flooring in a house I am building. Is there any disadvantage to using a 12" versus a 10" other than cost and a bit more weight.

Am installing some fairly wide cove molding - thought the 12" might come in handy.

Reply to
febco

Go with the 10" saws, the 12's deflect too much for my liking. Cut your crown on the flat, a much better way to do it anyway.

Reply to
Wess

FWIW, my Hitachi 8½" SCMS will cut 12". Of course, the diameter also limits the height capacity. Hitachi has a new 10" that you might want to consider. Plus they were making sliders before Bosch or Makita IIRC.

Mike

Reply to
captmikey

I'd go with the 12" if I was buying again. I've got the 10" Makita. Great saw but I have needed to cut past it's limits many times. I would not hesitate on the 12" if I had the cash and space.

Neil

Reply to
toolguy

Reply to