Another Webpage Collection of Turnings

Inspired by the recent thread of the fine web page showing fine collections of wood turning products, I have made my own page to show some of my work. I too would like to receive feedback as to what you think of my collection. My web page design still needs some work, but I am truly proud of my efforts so far.
Thanks for your input and support!
http://home.earthlink.net/~quickturnings/index.htm
Quick Turning

All I see is some cartoonish looking spindles that quiver and make my eyeballs hurt. Come back when you have something to show.
Edwin - wow you must really have applied yourself to that post.
Now I know why people come here to seek out feedback and help - its because they want smart-ass comments like that to help them on their way. Your magnanimity was overwhelming - so much so that I must have missed it.
Take some advice from an animated rabbit - Walt Disney - Thumper - "If you cant say something nice about someone, dont say anything at all" Good wise words.

But they are cartoonish looking spindles that quiver. Did you check the link and see something different?
Kevin in Bakersfield

I kinda thought it was a waste of time also. Kinda like asking some one to check out a book that you wrote but it has no words.

Bit thin-skinned there, ain't we; who crapped in your cheerios? You might take a look in abpw or abpf to find that most folks here are pretty supportive of work that is posted and encourage one another in the pursuit of this hobby.
I agree with Ed, there are no links from the rather small thumbnails that show 4 blanks and what might be a finished spindle to anything larger on the web page to which he was commenting. The gentleman asked for feedback, he got it -- it wasn't all that disparaging, i.e.
a) The animated spindles are somewhat distracting b) 2 pictures of Acacia blanks, and two redwood blanks are not illustrative of one's turning capability. c) The spindle shown might be interesting, but the thumbnail is to small to see any detail. d) If the OP inserted links that are not viewable from Mozilla, then it would be a good idea to support other than Microsoft Browsers.
I think the OP may have gotten in a bit of a hurry putting together the web page and did not properly link all what he intended to show.
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Hmm. When I looked at the site, my first thought was that it's intended as a joke.
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:11:35 -0600, Dave Balderstone

You are probably right. Maybe I got in a bit of a hurry putting together a reply and didn't fully link all the evidence into a coherent conclusion. :-)
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:11:35 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Bingo!
Was just trying to have some fun. With all of the "this and that" going on here lately, seemed to me to be the right thing. Hope I didn't offend anyone with my "sense" of humor.
Happy New Year and have fun making shavings and sawdust!
Quick Turnings
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 06:31:43 GMT, Quick Turnings

I saw it as humor and very "quick"..lol The timing was near perfect and the idea was funny..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Well you got me! Thanks.
Quick Turnings wrote:

That's what I'd assumed. My first thought was that your lathe was much neater than mine, I can't turn my spindles that direction. Mine all spin on the long axis. %-)
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Quick Turnings wrote:

I think the confusion that comes into play is that the ""this and that" going on" is/was taking place in "rec.crafts.woodturning" not here on "rec.woodworking".

Ed, thanks for the feedback. I have done some updates to the web page and have added some pictures of the wood turnings I have collected. I hope you like the update and again thanks for the great feedback! <g>
http://home.earthlink.net/~quickturnings/index.htm
Quick Turning

Looks like you are on the right track. I hope you can get it set up to show the large format by clicking on the thumbnail
I've not done any turnings, but I do admire the work others can do and make it look so easy. Ed.
Good start. Like Edwin says, optional links from each pic to a much bigger one would be helpful. This way, luddites with dialup don't have to wait long, and those with broadband can click to their hearts content. You might also be interested in rec.crafts.woodturning and www.woodturner.org