Amazon's deal of the day

Thought you might want to know if you missed it last time the Hitachi 10" miter is on sale again. I have the 12" and love it. Check the link below for more info http://alturl.com/y6px
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
If anybody has one of these I would love to know the width and height of the base. For $99 I would consider replacing the Delta that i have never been happy with. ... but only if it will fit in my miter statation.
Hitachi customer service was polite but useless and their website does not have that detail.
Thanks,
Steve

StephenM wrote:

Believe it's the same as the 12" but mine is on a job site right now and will not be there until Sat. Not sure if Hitachi has good specs for the 12" either.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I realize you said the website was usless but did you find a pdf of the user manual? Often the specs section will give the footprint and even sometimes the bounding box type dims.
Yup, I looked there first. The UG had no specs on the tool size, just weight and cutting capacity.
The customer service guy said...
"We haven't got no (sic) specs like that...we would have to send that question to the far east and that could take a couple weeks."
He put me on hold to see is there was one of that tool at the "other" warehouse... two minutes later I was disconnected.
Thanks anyway,
Steve