Amazon Customer Service!

My trusty Ryobi 12V drill recently had the second battery fail and, given the prices for new or rebuilts, I was looking around for a new drill. Settled on the Panasonic EY6105YQW 12V at Amazon for $89.99. Drill got delivered yesterday and last night I was perusing Amazon's Friday Sale and found the same drill for $74.99. Sent them an e-mail requesting a credit for the difference and had a Positive response in less than seven hours! I'm pretty impressed, especially considering the size of Amazon and the number of orders and e-mails they must process.
Oh, the drill is great. Only one pound lighter than the Ryobi, but feels like three pounds lighter. Much smaller overall. I hope it lives up to its reputation. SWMBO is also very pleased with it.

You have ruined yourself, ;~) You went from one end of the spectrum to the other as far as drills are concerned.

I hope so! :o)

Yeah, but I think I paid almost as much for the Ryobi when it was new. It served pretty well right up to the last gasp of the last battery. I think the 'better' brands were going for $2-300 when I bought it.
BTW, the current price of the Panasonic at Amazon is $74.99.

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:06:11 GMT, the inscrutable Lobby Dosser

Yeah, Customer Service from India is quite efficient. ;)

Is that an impact driver or straight drill?
========================================================== Save the Endangered Bouillons from being cubed! http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==========================================================

Could be. But they must at least allow decision making pretty far down the food chain.

Straight drill.
On Sat, 21 May 2005 02:04:01 GMT, the inscrutable Lobby Dosser

My recent experience with Amazon's CS is the opposite. When using MSIE to view scanned pages of their books online, the browser now asks me if I want to allow it to save data to the clipboard. Whether I answer "yes" or "no", it then does nothing until I click the page again. If I try to jump to another open window, it brings up that damned dialog box and takes me back to IE. Amazon's CS says "Sorry, we don't do browsers." I told them that it just started when they modified their website to add the hover mechanism for the "Search this book" function and that it behaves nicely in NN7 and Mozilla but not IE. ACS then said "We'll look into it but don't do browsers, sorry." I then swapped IE's home page to www.isbn.nu and set www,amazon.com as NN7's home page. My main browser is Mozilla Firefox but I use the others on a daily basis, too.

My next drill driver will be an upgrade to an impactor.
========================================================== Save the Endangered Bouillons from being cubed! http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==========================================================
Larry,
I think you're on the right track. Since I stepped up to the Makita Impact driver with an extensive Craftsman set of hex shank drill and driver bits, I've never looked back. The hammer action is great and you'll probably never cam out a screw again.
Glenn