Amana vs. Woodtek vs. Magnate router bits (1/8" double bead)

I need a double-bead router bit to match the mouldings around the panel on some cabinite doors...

I found 3 different manufacturers on the web:

Amana $62.47 (with free shipping) Woodtex $42 + $10 shipping Magnate $21 + $10 shipping

Any experience with any of these brands to judge whether the price differences make sense?

If I only need this to make a few doors with about 16 lineal feet of molding will I be ok with the cheaper brands?

Reply to
blueman

If Onsrud doesn't make it. and Royce doesn't... I buy Amana (insert bits if required.) For straight cuts I go price. If a combo collection

1/2" goes, with coupons for 25 bits for 25 bucks.
Reply to
Robatoy

I think that's the deciding factor. No sense paying a lot of money for a bit for one time use. I think you'll be fine with the cheapest one.

BTW, did you look at MLCS? I've had good luck with their bits.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

--------------------------------- The first time you have to spend 2-3 hours sanding out the burn marks from a low cost bit that got dull after cutting less than 15-20 ft may give you a whole different perspective on bit prices.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I second that!

Reply to
Rich

I have too but MLCS doesn't seem to have double or triple beading bits.

I ended up buying a triple beading bit for Rockler for $42 pre 20%-off coupon. Using my router table, I can also get a double edge bead out of it... so it sounded like a good deal. Plus they say 100% satisfaction guaranteed so if it doesn't work, I just have to take it back to the local store...

Reply to
blueman

Lee Valley has excellent bits.

Reply to