Am I too obsessed with woodworking?

Just had to ask that question because the other night I dreamt that Norm Abram came to my humble shop to do a project with me. And when we needed to plane down a wide board in the dream that my portable planer wouldnt handle, a wide belt sander magically appeared.
My wife is a mental health professional...I think I'll ask for a referal.:)
Bob G.
cool dream!!! John
On 16 Nov 2003 07:48:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@i2k.com (Bob G.) wrote:

Back in the day when I was a live sound engineer, I had girlfriends tell me that I recited effect device settings, and patch routings in my sleep. <G>
Your dream sounds perfectly normal to me.
Barry
On 16 Nov 2003, B a r r y B u r k e J r . spake unto rec.woodworking:

    This explains the unusually high divorce rate for proctologists.
You definitely have a serious problem. If you'll tell me where you are located I will come by and relieve you of all those nasty woodworking tools and machines :-)
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply

The words "obsessed" and "woodworking" don't belong in the same sentence.

Are they redundant?     j4
In my case, YES!!!
Preston

sentence.
Sigh. My dreams are all about J Lo, 10 bd ft of black walnut, the Vienna Boys Choir, 40 feet of copper tubing, and a chrystal chandelier Hardly know what to say.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Bob G. wrote:

Makes me wonder what you are going to do with the Vienna Boy's Choir.
Preston

On 16 Nov 2003, jo4hn spake unto rec.woodworking:

    This reminds me of a Martin Mull song from the 70's - the Humming Song, I think it was called.
Last night I took you home And we began to hmmm.... Hmmm hmmm hmm hmmm hmmmmm Hmmm hmmm hmm hmm only seventeen
Hmmm hmmm hmmm Leather skirts Hmmm hmmm hmmm Rubber shirts Hmmm hmmm Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm And jars of vaseline
Hmmm Hmmm hmmm Hmmm hmmm Hmmm hmmm Hmmmmmm Pick up the soap
Hmmm Hmmm hmmm Hmmm Hmmm hmmm Hmmmm Mayonnaise and rope
Then from the chandelier The three of us hmm hmmm Mmmm mmm Hmmm hmm hmm hmm hmm Hmmm hmm hmm hmm Hospital -- for life
Hmmm hmmm hmm Whips and chains Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm Great Danes Hmmm hmmm Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm Hmmm hmmm
... your wife.
Heyt, you stole that from Ozzie Ozburn didn't you?????
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:17:43 GMT, Scott Cramer

On 17 Nov 2003, Lawrence A. Ramsey spake unto rec.woodworking:

    Dunno anything about that... back when I learned it, Ozzie was still doing his bat-geek trick, as frontman for Black Sabbath. If you've heard Ozzie do it, I'd bet that he picked it up from one of Mr. Mull's albums.

Sounds to me like a subtle suggestion to SWMBO that you want a wide belt sander for Christmas. Extremely slight chance you might be able to pull it off with SWMBO, bit it won't fly too far here. :)

There was an article in "Rock & Ice" a couple months ago as to whether climbing could be classified as a mental illness. They concluded it probably was in many instances. I expect woodworking is similar.

Well, heck, who amomg is perfect? We are all imperfect and our wives can testify to that. I'm just proud of the one I have and that she puts up with my woodworkinmg. I got to thinking. If she did something that took up as much time as my woodworking does, how would I react? As far as mentally ill, we all have traits of it; some more obvious than others.
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:00:30 GMT, "Wade Lippman"

Define "too obsessed with woodworking". And why did you make it sound like a bad thing?
jmac

Actually this is a good dream. Sometimes I am working on a project in the garage when the guy down the block stops by. He doesn't even look like Norm, especially with his mask on, but when he opens his car trunk, all kinds of thinks like a TV set, stereo and power tools magically appear.
That's Santa Claus!!
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:51:43 -0700, "juan fandango"

On 16 Nov 2003 07:48:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@i2k.com (Bob G.) emerged from the woodpile and uttered:
You MOST DEFINITELY should not be having dreams about big bearded men and power tools. Try to get out more. Then again, he is kind of cuddly ... NO, NO, STOP, ... aaaaaargh! Thanks for nothing.

Cheers, Rob. Remove all capital letters to get real email address