All green sharpening compound created equal?

I'm looking at the micron size progression of my sharpening setup, which finishes with Formax Micro Fine chromium oxide compound, purchased from Woodcraft. I noticed that Lee Valley's compound is explicitly stated to be .5 micron, and I was wondering whether this is the case for all green compound, or if LV requested this specifically from their manufacturer.
The tools work fine anyway, I'm just splitting hairs...as it were :-)

No kidding. Actually, most is .406 micron. LV is oversize....