Alchoholic problem

Aye, and it is a step stool. I have two other stools, one with a swivel seat waiting to be done, but I needed something to learn on, hence the step stool. One thing I was concerned about was getting it so good that someone in stocking feet might have an oopsie, but it seems my wife just would like it to match some other furniture and use it for grand kids to sit on.

Anyhow, I felt all the time spent is worth it if I can learn enough to make the other objects in my life easier to do. Strangely it brings back memories of wood shop in Jr. High, when we still had shops for education.

Reply to
OFWW

I have gotten to where I always spray my shellac (HF HVLP gun), unless its on on turned piece, and have none of the problems you described. So, check the following

Wood completely dry. Temperature 70-85F Humidity LOW Out of direct sunlight (I spray outside, but out of direct sunlight) Shellac fresh (best to do your own and the Shellac Shack is an excellent source and make sure you use 100% denatured alcohol)

Shellac has set long enough to cure (two to three weeks if you are going to get aggressive with it)

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

Thanks for the support info. Temp 85+ Hum Hi (El Nino, beach max 2 mi away in all directions but one) Done in the shade.

Last couple days spent removing shellac on the seat where I tried a heavy coat, I sand until I can see that it is still "wet". I can sure understand now why the two week wait between major functions.

I'm using 99% Alcohol de natured.

I feel a lot more confident now with all the help I received plus the bad experiences. And I am really looking forward to continuing on.

Thanks!

Reply to
OFWW

Tst pst