Airshield by Trend Technology - Any good

I am conciderting buying the Airshield am interested to know if anyone has bought this unit and what your impressions are.

  1. Does it work? I know pretty basic question, but just how good is it. Know it moves air but if it is under powered it might not be as good as it seems.

  1. How comfortable is it? I downloaded the manual and it states it weighs 1.6 pounds. Not to much but if you wear if for a while it might get heavier and heavier :-).

  2. Overall satisfaction of the unit.

Price is $275 so I need some feedback.

URL for Trend

mr Marty

Hello Marty,

It looks very much like the Racal Airlite that I have had for a few years.

The biggest question is what do the numbers mean, as far as filtering the finest particles. The Airlite that I have does not filter out the very finest particles. If this one does, I think it would be a great addition at a reasonable price.

Here are some reviews that I found on it.....

someone with more knowledge than me could explain the filtering numbers on this unit.

Dave

David Peebles Lyons, Ohio Revolutions Woodturning

Dave Peebles

In article , mr Marty writes: |> I am conciderting buying the Airshield am interested |> to know if anyone has bought this unit and what your |> impressions are. |> |> Price is $275 so I need some feedback. |> |> URL for Trend

might also want to look at the Triton Powered Respirator It moves the fan and battery pack to your belt, which may make it more comfortable. I'm not sure of what its specs are. It's in stock in a few places in Australia, for Aus$300, which is just under US$200. I think it's supposed to show up in the US and Britain this month.

I've never used it, but Triton has a very good reputation, so when it shows up near here I'll take a look at one (If I don't get addicted to neandering. It was really nice to do a lot of woodwork without dust mask or ear protection.)

Reply to
David Wittenberg