Advice on 3 HP router

Page 2 of 2

Get a quality pressure gauge. Most important. I haven't had any luck with the two digitals I bought, but I really like the dial ones.
Get a quality pressure gauge. Most important. I haven't had any luck with the two digitals I bought, but I really like the dial ones.
I would be ashamed to let someone look in the drawer where I keep air fittings, tire valves, and gauges. "Why do you have so many?" someone might say. <G> Well, we have a GMC 2500HD, an S-10 Blazer, a Lincoln MKZ, a Hyundai Accent, a Holiday Rambler TT, a 2 ton capacity utility trailer, 2 wheel barrows, a hand truck and 2 bicycles. And you're right; the dial gauges are the best. I have 2 from Accu-gauge. The rest are only good for "approximate". <G>
Max (aired-up)

How DO you ever find time to do any work? LOL

How DO you ever find time to do any work? LOL
It ain't easy. <BG>
Max

Are you the guy that built that military-style utility trailer?

Not me. But I remember the series of posts. I did build my trailer but it was many, many years ago. It's not one of my better pieces of work..............but it.....works. <G>
Max

Given a tight budget I think I would go for the Milwaukee 5616 . <G> It's almost as strong as some of the "lesser" 3 HP routers.
Max
On Mar 22, 4:40 pm, "Bonehenge (B A R R Y)"

The above table use would be the reason for my pick of the DW 625. It isn't too big and bulky, and even at 3hp it isn't any bigger or heavier than my PC 7529, which is only 2 1/4(?) or so hp.
The 625 has a low center of gravity making it easy to use out of the table.
But I agree with your other router pic. I have a Bosch 1618EVS (the D handle brother to the 1617 series) and it is by far and away my favorite router for a single pick.
Robert