Adjustable Benches

These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice and they are wheelchair accessible.

Lobby Dosser

would be very good for woodworking. I did not see anywhere you could specify a wood top. But if going the custom route, I suppose it would be possible.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Why not mount a butcher block top on the 1/4" steel yourself! Then when it gets 'used' up - replace it.

Draftsmen do mount wood - something like a 4x7' board.

Or a 40" monitor and a cad package :-)

Mart> >> These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice and

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Reply to
tiredofspam

The adjustabench is also available. But a U shaped support would be needed for moving a wheel chair in, or mounting it to the floor.

These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice

Reply to
tiredofspam

would be very good for woodworking. I did not see anywhere you could specify a wood top. But if going the custom route, I suppose it would be possible.

There is one in the custom section with a plastic top. I assume you could get a wood top if you can get plastic.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

of the correct height?

I read a story once about a publisher that installed robots to meander around the warehouse plucking cases of books from shelves to complete a bookstore's order. Due to a bidding flaw, the robots could reach only five shelves. The warehouse had six shelves.

The company, Web Press, solved this issue by hiring midgets to ride around atop the robots, thereby providing extra reach to the top shelves.

Problem solved!*

-------

  • A new difficult arose resulting from this circumvention; the midgets kept falling off the robots and getting run over. That was a separate problem, however.
Reply to
HeyBub

LOL!!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

The book went on to discuss the chief buyer for a large bookstore chain. She was a 19-year old Vietnamese girl who was last year's California video-game champion.

Here's how her job worked: Each book season (two per year), all the publisher representatives would gather in an amphitheater at the chain's headquarters and plug their laptops into jacks built into the seats. The images of each book jacket would be piped to the basement where the aforementioned buyer was viewing them on sixty video monitors.

As each book jacket appeared on the screen, the Vietnamese girl would manipulate a joystick which would determine the chain's "buy" of the book. The farther the buyer pushed the joystick, the greater the quantity purchased.

The company mention earlier, Web Press, hired a controller. He determined the company could save five cents per hundredweight on the glue used in perfect bindings, i.e., paperbacks. While the company saved several dollars per year, the new glue had a couple of defects.

At temperatures exceeding 100 degrees (which is often found in UPS trucks), the glue would decompose, allowing all the pages in each book to come loose. But this was not the biggest problem.

As part of the decomposition process, an hallucinogenic gas was released. When the hippies in each bookstore's receiving department opened the cases, the gas was released, causing the hippies to rip off their clothes and run about the store screaming "French people are burning me with cigarettes!"

There's nothing scarier than a naked hippie!

Reply to
HeyBub

woodworking. It adjusts from 29" up to about 44". It also has a built in mobile base. You can get plans through my website if you are interested in building one. Check out

Thanks, Charlie

Reply to
Jack-Bench