Adirondack Chair

I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Dean

I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse an ignorant Brit, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"? Gary

Reply to
Gary Dean

ad´uron´dak

Reply to
Al Reid

Thanks

Reply to
Gary Dean

Just like it sounds. adder-ON-dakk.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

ad er _ron_ dack Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

Add-ur-ron-dack (addur-rondack)

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

gotta be a southern boy......never heard it pronounced with a drawl before...;-)

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob

Fri, Jun 25, 2004, 6:57pm (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (Gary=A0Dean) laments: please excuse a Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Porch.

As in, porch chair.

JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count.

- Bazooka Joe

Reply to
J T

We say toma[y]to and you say toma[h]to.

Depends on which part of the continent you're from. Here, its as written with the "i" as in "it".

...Ad [as in Add] "i" [as in it] ron [as in Ronald] dack [as in dack?]

Bill.

Reply to
Bill Rogers

just like it's spelled: tum-ess'-ent

Reply to
jo4hn

Sheee-it. I'm from North Carolina. How'd you know?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Throat-warbler-mangrove

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I always thught it was "add-it-to-your-own-deck"

Allyn

Reply to
Allyn Vaughn

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:26:33 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" calmly ranted:

The pronounced bony forehead, single bushy eyebrow, and shortness of stature, of course.

Nexxxxxxxt!

---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e)

Web Database Development =======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

the redneck....and shotgun in the cab of the pickum truck.......

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob

Or you could pronounce it the Canadian way and say Muskoka Chair...

KIM

Reply to
KIM

Just an after thought, have you looked at "Jakes" chairs? Same idea, possibly more comfortable. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

Take a look at "Jake's Chair" before you start cutting pieces.

is a "button" for free plans there as well.

Reply to
Unknown

How do you pronounce that? ;) Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom