Adirondack Chair

I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?
Gary
I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse an ignorant Brit, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"? Gary
ad er _ron_ dack Work at your leisure!

We say toma[y]to and you say toma[h]to.
Depends on which part of the continent you're from. Here, its as written with the "i" as in "it".
...Ad [as in Add] "i" [as in it] ron [as in Ronald] dack [as in dack?]
Bill.
Gary Dean wrote:

Just an after thought, have you looked at "Jakes" chairs? Same idea, possibly more comfortable. Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

How do you pronounce that? ;) Tom Work at your leisure!
adurondak

Al Reid wrote:

Thanks

Just like it sounds. adder-ON-dakk.
Gary Dean wrote:

Add-ur-ron-dack (addur-rondack)
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
gotta be a southern boy......never heard it pronounced with a drawl before...;-)
Bob S.

Bob wrote:

Sheee-it. I'm from North Carolina. How'd you know?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:26:33 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

The pronounced bony forehead, single bushy eyebrow, and shortness of stature, of course.
Nexxxxxxxt!
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================
the redneck....and shotgun in the cab of the pickum truck.......
Bob S.

Fri, Jun 25, 2004, 6:57pm (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (GaryDean) laments: <snip> please excuse a Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?
Porch.
As in, porch chair.
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count. - Bazooka Joe
just like it's spelled: tum-ess'-ent

Throat-warbler-mangrove
;-)

I always thught it was "add-it-to-your-own-deck"
Allyn
Or you could pronounce it the Canadian way and say Muskoka Chair...
KIM

Take a look at "Jake's Chair" before you start cutting pieces.
http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html
There is a "button" for free plans there as well.