Additional Cast Iron Wing on Unisaw??

Hi,

I have a Unisaw with both a right and left cast iron extension wing. I also have an extra wing and was considering the possibility of adding that wing to the right side of my saw. I have the 52" extension table with the Unifence. The top that came with the fence has bowed slightly and is a pain with the sliding fence. I would most likely shorten the table.

Has anyone done this??

I'm hesitant to just add the extra wing since I'm not sure the edge of the Unisaw top can take the added stress of that type of loading. I would definitely add some type of support from below. Most likely some type of frame. Was also thinking of adding some type of bracing on the backside of the top.

Is this a bad idea?? Anyone have ant Pics or plans that they've used?

Thanks!

Reply to
Ray Mandeville

Great question! I have an extra wing also and have wondered what to do with it. I would LOVE to make a router tabletop of it and attach it to the existing Unisaw wing.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey