A Paper Weight No More

G'day All, The transformer for my Dewalt Scroll Saw arrived the other day. All is set up and working like a wonder. While cutting merrily away on it, I was thinking "I should have bought this machine first, it's smooth, accurate and easy to use". But than............ a FLASH., If I had not bought the cheapies I wouldn't appreciate the new nearly as much. No1 was a Ryobi. I enjoyed the machine because of the work I was able to do with it. Modified it by putting clamps on the arms that enabled the use of pinnless blades. For about $100 It was a good little machine. No2 was a Delta variable speed with quick release clamps. It was a joy to use and left the Ryobi for dead. At about $280.00 it was good value for money and if I could get hold of parts I would probably still be using it. After about 5 years and a lot work, a lot of repairs it just became to sloppy. No3. The Dewalt A whole new world. The moral of the story is, If you just go for top end, you will never really appreciate just how good you've got it. I don't reckon I've wasted any cash on machines as each gave all it had and more and where well worth the readies spent on them.
Regards John
I went thru the same kind of scroll saw experience. A Dremel, a Delta two speed and now the DeWalt. A DeWalt with the DeWalt stand on a HTC mobile base. Great combo!
Now, if I can just figure out how to direct the sawdust to someplace other than in my lap. :-)
John Flatley
--

"John B" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in
message

Decoy pants off to the side, perhaps?
Puckdropper

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:51:40 -0400, "John Flatley"

I have a cheap denim apron for just such situations.
-Leuf