A Paper Weight No More

G'day All, The transformer for my Dewalt Scroll Saw arrived the other day. All is set up and working like a wonder. While cutting merrily away on it, I was thinking "I should have bought this machine first, it's smooth, accurate and easy to use". But than............ a FLASH., If I had not bought the cheapies I wouldn't appreciate the new nearly as much. No1 was a Ryobi. I enjoyed the machine because of the work I was able to do with it. Modified it by putting clamps on the arms that enabled the use of pinnless blades. For about $100 It was a good little machine. No2 was a Delta variable speed with quick release clamps. It was a joy to use and left the Ryobi for dead. At about $280.00 it was good value for money and if I could get hold of parts I would probably still be using it. After about 5 years and a lot work, a lot of repairs it just became to sloppy. No3. The Dewalt A whole new world. The moral of the story is, If you just go for top end, you will never really appreciate just how good you've got it. I don't reckon I've wasted any cash on machines as each gave all it had and more and where well worth the readies spent on them.

Regards John

Reply to
John B

I went thru the same kind of scroll saw experience. A Dremel, a Delta two speed and now the DeWalt. A DeWalt with the DeWalt stand on a HTC mobile base. Great combo!

Now, if I can just figure out how to direct the sawdust to someplace other than in my lap. :-)

John Flatley

Reply to
John Flatley

"John Flatley" wrote in news:pcWdnZHIGb4x3I7YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

*snip*

Decoy pants off to the side, perhaps?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I have a cheap denim apron for just such situations.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf