A little hardware gloat

A pal that works at the local hardware store let me know that he intercepted some dumpster-bound nuts/bolts/etc for me. The "junk" consisted of about 50# of wood and machine screws in labeled boxes, most in <= 100 counts. 50% stainless, 25% brass, 25% galvie. The downside? 90% are slotted head - almost a deal breaker for this Normite LOL.
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:19:14 -0400, "Eric Ryder"

there are some +pretty good+ drivers for slotted head fasteners, which involve a centering sleeve. I have prolly 4 or 5 sizes of them, and I can say that they do work. I know what you mean though...
I've always wondered if such an animal exists. Does the sleeve retract as the becomes flush?
Joe

yes.
these look like what I have: http://tinyurl.com/ytcal
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 00:49:42 GMT, "Joe Tylicki"