One Man Stand

I was reading the used tool ads in out local "Reminder" paper and saw an ad for a One Man Stand. Curious, I went to the web site,

This is a different type of replacement for the usual roller stand most of us use. The company is fairly local to me and I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it. According to the maker, it is a little less fussy getting the height exact on the outfeed. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Hi Ed,

I haven't used it, but it looks interesting. One thing I found strange about that site was they have a "buy now" page, with all the fields for shipping/billing/credit card, but I couldn't find the actual price of the stand anywhere. Pretty odd. Ok, now I found it - of course after I typed this message. It is $29.95 per the "send as a gift" page. That seems a pretty reasonable price, actually.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Mike,

If you follow their link to e-Bay you can pick them up for $19.95 per.

Rob

Rob Walters

Height adjustment looks harder, actually. If that top pivots somehow to make up for height differences, that might be OK but I have my doubts. I like my work to stay flat on the table when it hits the roller, and I don't necessarily see where that would happen or be any better than a roller?

Any other opinions?

Pop

Reply to
Pop Rivet

Looks like a ?better? variation on:

mttt

It was annoying enough that I lost interest. I'm tired of these games online. Not showing the price until they've got your personal information is the same game crooks play. Legitimate companies should avoid that type of behavior.

Reply to
edfan

Did you click on the "how it works" link?

The advantage over a roller is that it can be level with the top of your saw to keep the material level, just like you want. If the material sags a bit, it will hit the roller center or knock it over. With this it can sag a few inches and hit the top and slide up to be level. If the roller is 2" diameter, anything sagging below 1" is a problem, while OMS touts a 3 1/2" differential.

If it works as advertised, it should be a big advantage on long boards. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

It reminds me of the Rigid support with the "flip top".

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I don't know where you were, but when I clicked on the Buy it now page, I found the price in the text above the boxes where you fill out the Shipping and CC information. It's even in bold print, so unless the page has changed in the past couple of weeks, it's been right there....

--Rick

edfan wrote:

Reply to
Rick Frazier

If you buy, do so through ebay, because the purchase page isn't secure (no padlock icon in the bottom of IE). No way I'm putting my CC# in there.

Reply to
Mike Reed

Free shipping on the Web site - $9.00 on Ebay. I think it was the most recent WOOD magazine that shows "plans" for a tilting board that slips over your roller stand and does the same thing as this stand. Question - If you don’t get this stand parallel to the back of your table saw, will it pull the board to the right or left like a roller stand will?

Reply to
vmtw