Tool Stand - Which one?

Opinions please. Was about to order the Evolution stand but noticed a Parkside one coming up on Thursday 01/08/2019.

The Parkside says: "Includes 2 additional tool holder sections for more mounting options"

Otherwise, they seem fairly similar. A few reviews of the Parkside in the past have read quite well - expressly comparing against the Evolution. But the Evolution does get good reviews at Screwfix.

Evolution 800B Mitre Saw Stand with Extension Arms (48911) £49.99

Parkside Universal Tool Stand £39.99

polygonum_on_google

I have the evolution one, very sturdy, you can buy extra set of 'bars' to swap saws, or to attach a home-made bench top.

looks like the side rollers can't extend as far, as they each share tubes, rather than the evolution's square tubes that each serve one side roller, IYSWIM.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I bought the Screwfix one last year and have been very happy with it, but a couple of extra tool holders would be useful (they're quite expensive from Evolution).

Reply to
nothanks

yes they are, I think for the price I'd choose the lidl version, probably come out of the same factory ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have the evolution one (amazon warehouse deal so cheap). Its very stiff but its also very heavy for me now.

Reply to
dennis

Very much what I wanted to hear, thank you.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Not too worried about that - won't need to move it much. I hope.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google