A fun day at Woodcraft

You wont see me laughing. I am the same way with tools. In our last house we had a breezeway, rustic, lot of rough sawn, timberframe. I had shelves with tools all around. I have several old tools of my own, my fathers, and my grandfathers, that still run to this day and I would never think of tossing them. I have a couple old B&D drills, all chrome, that were my fathers. I remember using them as a child and to this day when I pull the trigger the smell of ozone coming out of the motor sends me back in time hehe. Forget about hand tools, framing chisels, apron planes, marking gauges, and so on. Its good karma to pay homage to things that serve you well. I recently pulled some tools from the trailer and put them in the shop as they have such value to me I dont trust our guys to use them responsibly. One was my dads bevel gauge which I have used personally for over 20 years.
I agree with the tool repair of today. I do most all my own repairs now for the very reasons you state. Around here you are usually talking close to 100 bucks for almost anything you have done to a tool and its just too hard to swallow coupled with the parts.
Mark
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:26:20 -0800 (PST), BDBConstruction

But he's no Bruce Johnson!
Check this out: <http://www.mydiyproject.com/diy/ww_other/article/0,2049,DIY_14443_2649546,00.html
He talks a questioner out of using a historically accurate finish on here grandmother's antique dresser, in favor of satin polyurethane.
Then, he uses more polyurethane to fix a white ring: <http://www.minwax.com/expert/bjohnson/bjohnson_spring2007_transcript.cfm
=8^)
Boo boo, hiss hiss we never get any fun grand openings here. We have a Woodworker's Supply but the specials they put on usually look like the tool thieves from the flea market are the one presenters, much less someone giving away shirts.
--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.

At least you have Woodworker's Supply. Here we only have Woodworker's Warehouse on Rt 17.....hmmmm, wait a minute, they closed down. Well we still have Woodworker's Warehouse on Rt46...hmmm, they closed down also. Well, actually, we have squat. ROY!

drive some 45 min to get there (I think), from NJ07410.
--
Best regards
Han

Han, Are you referring to the Force Machinery on Rt 22 in Union joining up with Rockler?

Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Ouch!