A blast from the past - Ridgid 1975/76 Calendar

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may or may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

- I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

I still have a few Snap-On and Mr. Gasket calendars... ;-)

Can you imagine these same women in these same poses, taken today... Talk about a limp stilson...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Ridged still prints calendars like that, 'cept the bikini's are smaller. We had a 2005 hanging up in the shop until one of the "juvenile" males in the shop defaced it, then the boss took it down. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

that is a relly nice pipe bender she has there....

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Christian

Ah, and not a single belly button piercing to be seen. [I was in high school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation]

Mark & Juanita

I thought the picture showed a pipe straightener.

todd

wrote

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

: Ah, and not a single belly button piercing to be seen. [I was in high : school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation]

Sigh. I was there 75-78. Ah, the memories.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

I'd swear that Miss September/October is actress Colleen Camp

do you think

Reply to
shooter357

I must resemble that statement.

Those calendars were tastefully done, and have earned a place in Americana.

First thing Emerson did after purchasing Rigid was to discontinue the calendar.

My associate made a sales calls a couple of days after the announcement.

It was not a happy place.

Seems customers were registering their thoughts with customer service and the word travelled fast around the place.

Turned out to be a precursor of things to come.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I wouldn't mind getting a Rigid "Hickey" from her ;-)

Reply to
Sam Soltan

No ink, either - at least where you can see it... Hey, I was in HS in '75, so my generation isn't that far from yours, sonny. ;-)

But what caught my eye more than the lack of naval decor, was the lack of tongue and nose studs!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

AAAANDYYYY! Get away from that computer and quit day dreaming. Aren't you supposed to be fixing that leaking toilet? And what about my broken toaster oven. My mother was right - I should have married Phillip... whah, wha whah, wha whah whah whaah.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at

Robert Bonomi

------------------- Rigid, Inc. We are Internet Service Provider. We are not in any way related with a hardware/tool company with a similar name. Please do not send any mail intended for that company to us.

-------------- And some undecipherable Kanji.

Must be an Asian babe calendar...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Add a "d":

Not sure what that other site was.

Ricky

Reply to
Ricky Robbins

I was just funnin' him.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Actually, for a direct link - with photos try this:

't forget to scroll down.

I don't think I'll be mailing in my $10.00, however...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

I believe the current phrase is "facial hardware".

Reply to
Roy Smith

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:16:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, shooter357 quickly quoth:

Perhaps, and this one could be Mariette Hartley?

--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -
Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:33:25 -0000, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomni.com (Robert Bonomi) quickly quoth:

Nope, try

instead.

But, hey, gimme a Hustler calendar any day.