Subject Author Posted Replies

Front Vise
I need to replace my front vise, which is the green thing Woodcraft sells. I want to replace it with a cast iron vise such as a Record. One of my main concerns is the amont of racking that an...
7
7

Problems installing mortising attachment
I have just bought a new drill press, the General International 75-025, and am trying to attach the General International 70-900 mortising accessory to it. Whenever I turn the unit on with the...
5
5

O/T: Star Nine (AKA: *9) Is Retired
Modern technology is grand. Got my first telephone headset with built-in speed dial in 1986. First number programmed in was for my Mom. Twenty years ago, when I moved from Ohio to SoCal, took that...
24
24

Table Saw - 14" blade?
Seems to me I prefer a bigger saw than just a 10 incher. The table is really small for a x-cut sled too. I know bigger isn't always better, but it seems like the bigger table/power/resaw capacity of a...
11
11

Best way to construct a curved piece for strength
Planning a quilt rack. Current favorite design is a pair simple inverted U's with cross bars between them. Material will be either 4/4 mahogany or Red Oak. My problem is in considering grain direction...
4
4

DC switch burned out
Just a question for the electrician types in the group: I have a Harbor Fright "2 hp" Dc that's had a LOT of hours in the last 4 or 5 years.. A few days ago, it hiccupped a few times and quit.. I...
9
9

Woodworking at the library
I recently completed some bookshelves for our local public library. Its a small community an the library gets by on one paid employee and a bevy of volunteers. My next door neighbor is a retired...
11
11

What is it? Set 239
I added an extra item this week since someone submitted a tool that is similar to one posted a couple years ago. http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
14
14

Review - GMC Capacitor Battery Cordless Screwdrivers - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
A quality belt sanding attachment for your drill press. The WASP SANDER is ideal for wood, metal and plastic and can be fitted to your drill press in less than ...
18
18

Milescraft customer service A+
I just got their design/Inlay kit #1207 and it had a duplicate of one part and a missing part. Called them up, "No problem sir we'll send that part right out to you". Nice to know that there are a few...
4
4

Millwright
Millwright The word "millwright" has long been used to describe the man who was marked by everything ingenious and skillful. For several centuries in England and Scotland the millwright was recognized...
7
7

clamp problem
I have several Jorgensen hand screw clamps which I prefer to use if I can. One 3 inch clamp will not stay tight, but backs off just a little after I tighten it. Can that be fixed? Jay Kellaway
10
10

woodworking equip.
A year ago my woodworking husband passed away and now I am forced to sell the tools our son and son-in-law couldn't use. Any idea on how to price used tools. Fortunately he has an inventory of...
16
16

a relatively dumb question i'm sure...
hi, i've been trying to do more with woodworking than simple home repairs and i've seen the term used quite a bit and while i have an idea what it is, i'm not 100% sure how to use it. it's a jig. i...
32
32

OT: Happy Birthday, you HOSERS!!
Only in Canada will you get a headline like this: how lucky we are. Raise a pint in honour of our troops in nasty parts of our planet like Afghanistan. r It's been 141 years since this improbable...
3
3