#656 Arts & Crafts round dining table

Hi,
I would like to make a table with an Arts & Crafts pedestal base I have seen.
There is a version on page 55 of "Stickley Craftsman Furniture Catalogs" and also at http://www.liveauctioneers.com/s/lot...anauctions&t=x .
I've seen it reffered to as Stickley #656 and #717 and also as a Charles Limbert design.
Has anyone ever seen plans for this base or have a source for a good set of pictures?
I have been able to produce a drawing in Sketch Up and I am happy with the general appearance but I am not quite there on the finer points. The four "legs" look good and I could probably work out how to attach them. I am struggling to work out a construction method for the main pedestal.
Brian
Sorry,
this link may work better.
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/s/lot-709276.html?qe6&pq=house%3Acraftsmanauctions&t=x
My grandfather made one like that over a hundred years ago - still looks good today.
If you do it like he did you will likely have solid feet and an open pedestal which will allow you to use lag bolts to hold the feet on.
The pedestal is nothing more than a tapered box closed at both ends. At the top of the box is a board slightly less than the diameter of the table. It is screwed to the pedestal and the table top. If you want to have an extension table, you will need to buy a stretcher to replace the board.
Your only real problem is ensuring that the 4 feet are perfectly aligned or the table will be slightly tipsy.
Hope this helps.
P D Q
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV>Hi,<BR><BR>I would like to make a table with an Arts &amp; Crafts pedestal base I<BR>have seen.<BR><BR>There is a version on page 55 of "Stickley Craftsman Furniture<BR>Catalogs" and also at <A href="http://www.liveauctioneers.com/s/lot-709276.html?q=656&amp ;pq=house%3Acraftsmanauctions&amp;t=x">http://www.liveauctioneers.com/s/lot-709276.html?q=656&amp ;pq=house%3Acraftsmanauctions&amp;t=x</A><BR><BR>.<BR><BR>I've seen it reffered to as Stickley #656 and #717 and also as a<BR>Charles Limbert design.<BR><BR>Has anyone ever seen plans for this base or have a source for a good<BR>set of pictures?<BR><BR>I have been able to produce a drawing in Sketch Up and I am happy with<BR>the general appearance but I am not quite there on the finer points.<BR>The four "legs" look good and I could probably work out how to attach<BR>them. I am struggling to work out a construction method for the main<BR>pedestal.<BR><BR>Brian<BR></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Arial Narrow" size=4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML> ------=