Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Metric
On Sep 29, 8:33 am, (Jerome Meekings) wrote: You mean like a 28" TV that measures 25.5" PADI 474441 U/W Photography Speciality Instructor
2
2

Tung oil over dye?
Hey, I'm wondering about how to get an aged look to some new maple. I'd really like to use an oil finish, but I'd also like to stain it or dye it to look a bit older. Can I mix up some Early American...
4
4

Need a spare TS?
Cruising Cragslist and I saw this interesting saw. remeber as a kid my dad had a small TS but is was just a table that you could clamp a circular saw underneath....

O/T: Thought For The Day
Gotta lov it Lew ----------------------------------------------------- "People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot." -Capital Brewery, Middleton, Wis.
5
5

My Own "What Is It?"
I came across that is basically shaped like a pair of pliers except it has complementary small ovalular regions (~~3/16" long) dugout in the upper and lower jaws of the "pliers". The tool is probably...
20
20

Bending wood
I cut a pet opening at the bottom of a preformed 6 panel hollow core door which is 9" wide and tapers to an oval shape at the top with a total height of 12". I would like to glue a thin strip of wood...
12
12

Best Woodworking books & DVDs ?
One person's opinion: http://xrl.us/BestWoodworking
5
5

Portable edge bander.
This is a REAL edgebander. Pellet-fed glue pot, and handles PVC up to 3mm thick, Wood strips, and.. above all. around radii. This is a bit pricey for a hobbyist, but after 2 or 3 european style medium...

Best way to do this
Shelves of 3/4 ply, need to have dividers every 2" The supply store did not have anything like traditional 1/4 HB for the dividers, I ended up buying some 3/16 ply to use. Maybe a mistake. How would...
21
21

Garage or workshop?
Every now and then I get the urge to browse the world, and with the little town of Qom, Iran in the news I thought it might be interesting to explore the neighborhood and sure enough, it sorta was......
14
14

Bookshelf question
In your experience, what material is better resistant to sagging from the weight of heavy books, 3/4" plywood or 3/4" solid lumber? In the case of solid lumber I suppose it could depend on a number of...
16
16

Shop Guest
Dropped by right after breakfast, walked right up and introduced himself as I was ripping stock for an appliance garage. Hung around for lunch, begged part of my ham sandwich, then left with out so...
68
68

Refurbishing an old deck
Hello, I'm in the process of refurbishing an old 16' X 20' PT deck. So far, I've removed and discarded all of the old 2" X 6" decking. The framing members are still in good shape, so they are being...
7
7

Kitchen Remodel Project
Hi Guys, been really busy with this remodel for the last few months and have asked for advice on some aspects of the build, like installing rope molding. Anyway the remodel is pretty much done except...
7
7

Woodstock Show
Anybody from here going to this? http://www.woodstockwoodshow.ca/