60 INCH Aluminum bar clamps 11.99CDN

That's OK. It helps to make up for us in the States subsidizing your lower priced prescription drugs<g>

appreciate that. The only drug I've bought in the last 15 years is generic asa.
:

Key word: Subsidize
I don't know and don't care if he is charging a different profit margin on the US and CDN products, but how do you know he is subsidizing our parts. I think you are not using that word properly.

Because he basically said so? Read below. Lee Valley can't help out Canadian customers who pay too much right now because of loses on US customers. Sounds like we are subsidizing American customers to me.:)

How about we use the new Wish List feature on the LV web page and then you Canadiens can just fill out your credit card information and have them sent to us. In return, well send you a nice thank you card.

OK, I've read, re-read, waited, and read again what is posted here. Sorry, but I still don't see where Rob said the Canadiens are subsidizing anything.
I read that they are not making the intended markup on the US goods. I inferred that they are making a fair profit on the Canadian shipped goods. I see how he tried with a bit of humore asking how free shipping would be a benefit to them as they are already making less profit than intended on some sale so lowering the profit on others is of no value to LV, although it may be to the consumer.
What I do see is a company that set prices, got beat on the exchange rate, but still took the high road and honored the prices to their customers. Only resolution I can see is to order the goods and have them shipped to a US address and then pop across the borer to pick them up. If you choose to do that, please stop at the duty free shop and pick me up a couple of liters of my favorite beverage.
I'm sre nothing I can say will change your mind, so you may have the last nasty swipe if you'd like it.

For the archives.
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:46:17 +0000, Robert wrote:

Whelp, one is 60" and one is 48", so I'd have to say "No".
Lessee... Oh, you're that guy trolling LV in the "Americans ... Lee Valley" thread. The guy who has never posted to Usenet under this name/e-mail address before now.
Never mind.
--
Joe Wells

No, they're not the same product.
Lee Valley also has some inexpensive aluminum bar clamps (I saw them in a LV store yesterday), that are price competitive with Princess. Starting price is around $10 or so. And these look nicer than those at Princess Auto.
I think I have a pretty good idea of why people throw cans of food at you and spray paint on your clothing. Probably more to do with your personality than your actions.

Hi -
Really am done replying to most of the nonsense from...well, you can figure it out...
I will, however, clarify/answer legitimate points/questions that arise...
The $42.95 (CDN) clamps are made in USA - Adjustable Clamp Company...they are not the same as the imports.
We also sell the inexpensive offshore clamps, in varying sizes - but only in the retail stores, they're not on the web, nor in the catalogues. 48" model is $13.50 (CDN) for 1, $12.15 for 4+...
Cheers -
Rob

Thank you for the clarification.
I find the replies to the original post a joke.
All Robert was saying is that there is a sale on and asked a question if any one knew if they were the same product. No where did I see him condemn LV for there products. All he did say that if they are the same product that there is quite a mark up.
Hell if I could sell a widget for $5 to some one and then sell the same widget for $20 to some one else because they were willing to pay that much. I sure as hell would be pushing the $20 widget now would you not? Further more if I bought the $20 widget and found out that I could have bought the same one for $5. If I had of shopped around I sure would have appreciated some one letting me know and not jumped down there through with insults.
I have not posted to this group for quite a while for just this reason being that of a gang mentality "if one person has something negative to say you all jump in with something negative".
I for one would like to thank Robert for the heads up and I will definitely check out Princess Auto's clamps to see if they are a good value for the money.
I do agree that LV has great products and great service but have found many of the very same products LV sells at far cheaper prices else wear.
Chris

Jokes on you. Evidently you did not see anyof Robert's earlier posts regarding the cost differences between the US and CA for the same item. He has a hard-on for LV. That is his decision.
You also missed the intent of the derogatory comment about markup that he directed toRobin. He could has just stopped at posting the web page if he merely wanted to show a good deal on clamps.
It was a cheap shot. Maybe you don't agree, but who cares? Robert obviously has had a poor upbringing and should have had a better nanny.

several posters supported that. Then I was attacked. If Robin thinks he can use the thugs in this group to shut me up he's wrong. I've been in this group longer than most, much longer than Mr Lee, and I know the drill. The harder you push the harder I push back.

Ahhh, screw you Rob't. I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, but life's too short.
Happy fishing.
cya Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Robert" < snipped-for-privacy@for.christmas.invalid> wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:03:04 GMT, Robert

I might be a thug, but I'm a free-lance thug.
I just like the shop that sells me the really nice shiny toys at a price I can still afford to pay. Your toys are certainly cheaper, so you can have more of them to play with. But they're made out of cardboard and plastic and they'll break before mine do.

Andy you are one person who does understand news group politics, especially this group. BTW I have read the turning group for awhile. Has Robin returned to that group since they tarred and feathered him and rode him out on rail a while back.<g>

I buy quality, I buy from Lee Valley. I did not start out comparing them to anyone else. I justly complained that year after year Canadians pay more, Americans pay less for the same goods from Lee Valley. I just got tired of getting the short end of the stick from a Canadian company.
But then Robin and the village idiots in this group decided to piss me off.<g> I love it when a news group does that. It makes my day.<g>

No, your statement just proves you are a newbie, clueless, or both, a cluebie.<g>

If you don't understand how Robin uses the regulars in this group then you are completely ignorant of usenet group politics.

ROFLMAO!
You're a complete farging idiot.
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:46:50 -0600, Dave Balderstone

You protest far too much Dave.
Remember when it backfired in the wood turning group and they rode poor Robin out on a rail.<g>