6 inch dust collector pipe

Anyone know of any good deals on 6 inch pipe for a cyclone dust collector? Looks like Penn State's got a decent price on their premium pipe. Has any one used it?

Thanks Much

Reply to
James Dean

JD I went to local farmers in my area and talked them out of broken 6-inch aluminum irrigation pipe, then cut to fit - really worked well for the long lays- Schroeder

Reply to
Schroeder

I used 26 guage HVAC ducting for my 6" runs. This isn't the stuff you find at Home Depot, but most reputable hardware stores carry the heavy guage stuff.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Tylicki

Have you considered 6" S&D PVC pipe? I'm using 4" and very pleased with it, but will move up to 6" later this summer to increase the performance of my system. I can get 6" at my local Lowe's at a very reasonable price - much cheaper than metal.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

I got it there. but you need to pick and choose as atleast at the local store they had a mix of both.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Hi all,

sorry I couldn't get back right away.

thanks a bunch for all the help. Got lots a great tips!

Also got one from someone suggesting I check the local HVAC suppliers for spiral pipe, hmm...

At this point, I've spent so much money on the shop, and I've got such a short run that I think I'm going to try and get the spiral pipe locally, if not I think Penn State's got the best price right now on smooth metal pipe, I'll give them a call and let ya'll know how it goes. There's another place

have the pipe I need that I might try. They seem to carry a full line of tools too though I've never heard of them.

Thanks again guys.

Reply to
James Dean

Smooth is best. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom