Subject Author Posted Replies

Delta 17-900 Drill Press Spindle Pulley Removal
I am working on a drill press,It is the Delta 17-900. Needed to change the noisy bearing in the idler pulley ( found it at auto zone) it was 15 MM ID X 35 MM OD X 11 MM thick, turns out it;s a pretty...
10
10

Kyrgyzstan importer want to buy floors
Attention: Floor suppliers Kyrgyzstan buyers want to import laminated flooring, hardwood floors, details: --- news:// - complaints: --- http://www.towood.com/shop.php?uid=813

Chisels
I bought a set of Irwin Marples (Blue Chip/Bevel edged) chisels a while back. Supposedly, they can be used with mallet as well as by hand. Assume I wish to do M & T joinery in soft wood. I just...
29
29

Workshop hoover bags and duct tape.
Have an old Hitachi vacuum cleaner that I would like to now use around the workshop. But after having had a bagless one for a while, I'm now reluctant to fork out £1.50 or so everytime for...
10
10

OT X-10
I regularly employ X-10 modules and sensors to control my 120VAC lamps and such. THier website is a terror for dial-up Internet users (as am I) though great for those who enjoy pics of busty girls...
7
7

Duh! Why didn't I do this years ago?
I super-glued a short length of plastic tubing to the toggle switch on the shop vac. Now, I can hit it on and off with the shopvac nozzle or anything else in my hands. The little red toggle switch was...
14
14

Chinese exporter of plywood
Product Name: plywood (1). Face/back : Birch, Pine, Okoume, Bingtangor, Meranti, luan , Hardwood, Red Hardwood, Poplar, Red Canarium, and so on. (2). Core: poplar, hardwood, birch (3). Glue:...
7
7

MDF Question
I have been given some pieces of what I think is MDF. It is less than 1/8" thick and I can use more. Does MDF come this thin and where can I get more? Thanks for any and all help.
11
11

Complexity of dyes in kitchen cabinets
He knows he's got a live one on the hook. By the way, I took the liberty of posting this in rec.woodworking (a very busy newsgroup). I see you've tried alt.woodworking. If I recall, the rec group is...
62
62

H20 timber beam, I Joist, H Wood beam, Formwork Beams, Shuttering Beams
We export wooden beams for formwork system to Europe, Middle East . Our beams are made of best fir timbers. Our beams are strong . The specifications are as follows: H20 timber beam, I Joist, H Wood...

Bandsaw blade recommendations
I just ordered a Jet 14" band saw and believe I will need to get one or more additional blades for specific purposes. I looked through several threads, some as old as four years, about Band saw blade...
7
7

How often to change oil in compressor?
I have a Harbor Freight 8 gallon 120PSI compressor that has paid for itself half a dozen times over just in fees saved for blowing out my sprinkler system. I use it intensely once a year for sprinkler...
9
9

looking for a plywood/lumber hauling trailer
I have an SUV, but no pickup, and I'm doing enough home renovations that I'm considering getting a trailer to tow behind it, for plywood, lumber, and such. Anyone have recommendations for something...
26
26

Router recommendations
Advanced Beginner is what i'd call myself. I want to purchase a new router that will be sufficient 'till i get further along into more complicated things later. I'm currently attracted to a Milwaukee...
13
13

O/T: Raise
Enjoy Lew -------------------------------------------------------- The Day the Penis asked for a Raise I, the Penis, hereby request a raise in salary for the following reasons: I do physical labor. I...
1
1