3D Printing

Page 1 of 2
Fake, or something useful...
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboxMsSz5Aw

The "printing" of solid objects has been around for a while. This seems to be many levels above though. While it seems impossible to do, so was the box that sits in your living room with the guy inside entertaining you.
On 7/9/2011 10:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

not working units. While the wrench looked like the real thing, it was only a non working model.
On 7/9/2011 10:44 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

Did you not see him adjust the wrench and tighten a nut with it???
Leon wrote:

No common scanner will show the axle on which the adjuster turns. Industrial x-ray will. Maybe they touched up the scan to show the hidden parts before feeding it to the printer. If so they glossed over this.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
On 7/9/2011 4:32 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:

Leon, did you notice the differences in the wrench scanned and the one printed?
This one of a wooden statue is a more believable: <
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
QxFQ3uUFw&NR=1>
On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 18:12:46 -0400, Rita and Neil Ward

Jay Leno has a 3-D printer and loves it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggvzcGdZsTc
Scan, print, and cast from the printed article. Cool.
-- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. -- Sophocles
On 7/9/2011 6:38 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Check out http://www.nextengine.com /. Cool indeed!
On 7/9/2011 3:32 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:

Well actually and as you pointed out, nothing was common about that set up.
On 7/9/2011 10:18 PM, Leon wrote:
> Well actually and as you pointed out, nothing was common about that >set up.
Powdered egg and sausage in print cartridges and you can order breakfast over the Internet.
Or a, fully working, model of Ashley Judd, maybe?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/10/2011 5:47 AM, Swingman wrote:

Yeah!

Okay... I'll bite... where would the sausage go?
On 7/10/2011 11:20 AM, Robatoy wrote:

In the general vicinity of where you'd be biting ... just follow your chin, or nose depending upon your orientation.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

LOL!

I just bought an add-on to my 3D printer that will allow printing in fondant or royal icing (wedding cake toppers?), peanut butter, liver sausage (doggie birthday cakes) or any paste that can be extruded...

I fantasized, and had a recurring dream, as a six year old in 1949, that one day I would own a book that had all the books in the world on it and I could read it without turning pages.
The eBook is now a common item.
Over 40 years ago, when first introduced to digital computers, I fantasized that one day I could digitize all my prized "stuff" and store them on a computer, instead of on a shelf.
Seems like that is also coming to pass ...
It's great to be around to see these dreams/fantasy's come true.
ITMT,think I'll keep fantasizing/dreaming.
Ashely Judd, I'm waiting ... ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Crikey, yer ancient! ('53 vintage here)

And don't you love it? I love it when science fiction and fantasy come to life. I'm extremely impatient waiting for my Mr. Fusion-powered DeLorean, though.

See above.

Like dating the Felker (names changed to protect the innocent) -twins- together one night during my 15th year. <sated but clothed sigh>

She and Diane Lane (the younger) are just the dreamiest, aren't they? (If only Di had nips...)
-- Win first, Fight later.
--martial principle of the Samurai
On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 09:44:27 -0400, Rita and Neil Ward

So what am I? Chopped liver?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umefYctSPS0
<giggle>

http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page has designs for hobbyists that will print copies of itself (or most of it), among other things.