Subject Author Posted Replies

Dust collection - filter/bag room?
I'm thinking about dust collection and wondering if people see any value to having a bag room or chamber where the filter media is housed that has the ability to be opened to the outside. In the...
20
20

kewl lampshade.....
2
2

Domino XL and Doors
The Domino XL appears to be carving inroads into the door construction business. Domino XL in custom door and window shop

GRR ripper.
I finally sprang for one these gizmos and it's a cleverly engineered little device. I had been eyeing the thing for awhile and just as a number of others here I was dubious about the value. I'm still...
7
7

Waterlox ?
In a recent issue of Fine Woodworking, the author recommended wet sanding with Waterlox to level the surface after putting on a couple of base coats. Is there any advantage to wet sanding with...
11
11

Digital Bevel Gauge negated!?
those extremely rare occasions when I apply a protractor to my bevel gauge here is the deluxe version of the dust collector (for me...) ;~)...
9
9

Pumps for vacuum veneering
Wondering if I can do vacuum-press veneering on the cheap.... Has anybody tried using this or something similar as the vacuum source? Any reasons why it wouldn't do the job? (Other than the fact that...
23
23

O/T: Some Clean Humor
Enjoy, Lew --------------------------------------- A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: 'Talking Dog For Sale' 'He rings...
4
4

Shaper Fence modifications
I've been using my shaper quite a bit recently and a lot of cutter changes have been involved. Changing and adjusting the fence configuration has been very time consuming. Has anyone built replacement...
13
13

Delta 46-455 lathe
Amazon has this lathe at a net of $399 with free shipping -- about $200 less than I've found elsewhere. They say "usually ships within 1-2 months." That's right -- months, not days. Two questions:...
7
7

Re: Digital Sliding T-Bevel - Mini Review
Ordered from Lee Valley online on 2/16, it was delivered on 2/23. (US$27.90 with shipping) Made in China, and packaged by nasty, vindictive sinners in consumer hell, it takes an act of Congress and a...
10
10

OT A Plumbing Story
When I lived in a small town in Texas, I put in a gas line to my pool heater. Ran the line to the meter, disconnected the line from the meter to the house and T-ed the line in. I was trying to...
2
2

Router height
I have a router that is on a fairly large, nice, aluminum router table. That, in turn, is mounted on a frame made out of 2 x 4 and other materials. The top of the thing is around 48" high, and is...
5
5

Idle thoughts: Red rag to blue rag to red rag (2024 Update)
I recently grabbed an ordinary red shop rag to wipe down a bathtub with Muriatic acid. The rag turned blue! (really an intense purple) When the job was finished and I rinsed the rag, it turned back...
22
22

What is it? Set 429
I need some help with the second item in this week's post:
18
18