30% off craftsman zipcode saw

Yesterday I noticed that the Sears Hardware store in Round Lake Beach, IL was having a going out of business sale. Most of the stuff has been cleaned out already. But there were a few goodies left. Most things are 40%-70% off. I picked up some poly, tung oil, spray poly, and spray varnish. I also picked up a black and decker (yuk) heat gun for half price. We'll see how hard it is to screw up a heat gun. :-) Router bits, craftsman 1/2" shank and freud 1/4" shank, were 50% off. I bought both freud 1/4" spiral upcut bits for $10 each. All of the bits were carbide (except the spirals, I'm assuming they were hss) and looked good. I didn't buy any of the craftsman router bits because I already have a huge collection and I couldn't remember who was making them for sears. They also had a number of bandsaw blades. I couldn't buy any though because none were 105" for the riser block. They had a lot of sockets and wrenches as well as some pneumatic tools.

They also had two power tools of interest. One was a largish scroll saw. The other was the new craftsman hybrid saw with the enclosed base. The signs said normally $1000, on sale for $699. It's the floor model and looks like they only one they had. The top looked good. It had the biesmeyer fence. Too bad I'm not shopping for a table saw at the moment. :-)

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

Willshak

No. I checked and it's a saw for cutting the zipcode off long addresses so they'll fit on the envelope. Apparently the idea is to cut them off the front and paste them on the inside of the envelope, which not only has plenty of room but is also somewhat protected from prying eyes.

Ingenious.

What will those Chiwanese think of next?

;-)

Bill

Reply to
Bill