3/8 in Phenolic Sheets - Router Table

Anyone have a cheap source for 3/8 in. phenolic sheets sutable for making router table inserts. It seems that $35 is the going rate for precuts at woodworking sites and $36 sq ft at plastic suppliers is the best I can do.
Tom H wrote:

The plastics supplier I deal with in my area has a scrap bin. These cut-offs are sold by the pound. I've been able to find pieces large enough to make my inserts from these scraps.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Tom H wrote:

When you say precut, are you talking about rounded corners and holes drilled, or just cut to the overall rectangular size? I just called a buddy of mine who works for AIN Plastics. There's a $75 minimum, and they'd charge you for a 12" x 12" piece, but the price per, forgetting the minimum, is about seven or eight bucks for a square blank of 3/8" paper based phenolic. Canvas based is more. So if you bought ten of them to cover the minimum, maybe sell some to your buddies, that's fairly reasonable.
Here's a guy selling sheet on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/1361-PHENOLIC-3-8-THICK-BLACK-XX-PAPER-BASE-18-X-21_W0QQitemZ7596580073QQcategoryZ36352QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem It'd be about $40 with shipping, and you'd only get two with a fair bit of waste.
Buy it from somewhere like McMaster-Carr
John

I was talking about the blank round cornered precuts. Do you know if typical plates you buy from woodworking suppliers are paper or canvas based?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1361-PHENOLIC-3-8-THICK-BLACK-XX-PAPER-BASE-18-X-21_W0QQitemZ7596580073QQcategoryZ36352QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Tom H wrote:

Lee Valley wants $32.50 for a 16x24 sheet of 1/4".
I've had this in my table for a year now with no sagging, although I did make the cutout for the router as small as possible to maximise support for the insert.
Chris

a big pile of them for free last year. I just made a router table out of a large sheet of corian, and it has been fine so far; should work for a insert.
On 3/10/2006 1:25 PM Toller mumbled something about the following:

I've just been told about a huge piece of corian at one of our offices that they are throwing out. I told them to hold on to it, I'll be there next week to pick it up. It's a pretty good size chunk and kinda awkward shape, but I think I can get me a decent router table out of a piece of it.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???