3/4 hardwood ply at HD

After seeing many posts re this ply I finally found some at the HD near me. $26.88 ea at the Hillsboro OR store. 11 internal plys plus the skins which look like alder but I'm not sure. Some have minor spalting on them. All that I saw were billiard table flat and there were about 30pcs left about an hour ago.
Art

grade" whatever that means). Jim
No knots/patches/splits on the good side. Tight knots, small (<1/8") splits, no voids on the B side. If you need more than this, point me to a site where I can learn about hardwood ply grading and I'll see if I can do better.
Art

With a bunch of voids in them. Tom
Perhaps. No voids visible at the edges though.
Art

I had a bad experience with H.D. oak ply at approximately twice the price of the stuff you've found. No voids visible at the edges, either. Once bitten, twice shy, and all that. Tom
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:02:38 -0800, Wood Butcher wrote:

I've taken whole sheets and cut them into 3" x 8' pieces to gbuild model railroad benchwork. I found very few voids and the ones I did find were small.
But the faces on mine looked more like maple than alder, so we may be talking about 2 different types.
RE: Subject
Need constrution grade material, go to HD.
Need cabinet grade plywood, go to a plywood distributor.
Lew
Wood Butcher wrote:

Your local cabinetmaker(s) is probably using this material as his secondary wood where particleboard and MDF won't serve. I've used some, will use more. It is made in China, the outer plies are either alder or poplar of some kind, and the glue stinks or tends to when it's cut. I made a lumber rack out of some: no voids in the cuts or on the edges. I have no idea what the inner plies are, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it for things like painted cabinet doors, drawer fronts, etc.
What I really, really want to know is how on earth they can import the wood for most of this plywood, which involves major shipping, then manufacture and ship the plywood many thousands of miles, often back to the point of the original wood's origin, and then sell it for 28 bucks a sheet retail. Obviously, their cost has to be very little more than the wood itself, plus transport, and transport per sheet has to be incredibly cheap.

Maybe they store opium in the voids?
Local one here in North. Cal, has the same. I am tempted to get some, but just for shop aid stuff. Not cabinets. However, I have enough of these HD specials. Usually after awhile they seem to bend all over the place.
I'll buy the good stuff when I need it.
MJ Wallace