Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 502
I need some help on the fifth item this week: Rob
29
29

Turning brass on a wood lathe
Anybody have experience turning down brass nuts on a wood lathe? I'm making some replacement handles for some socket chisels and am using a 3/4 nut on the impact end. I want to turn the nut down...
3
3

Jeopardy gets it wrong
On Jeopardy tonight, there was a question about a sealer with the same name as a tree. The contestant answered shellac. Alex said the answer was lacquer. Both were wrong, but shellac was closer to...
7
7

Jointer safety question
I need to trim a slight bevel into the face of a 6/4x4x12 hunk of hard mapl e. I'm using the board for a face for the tail vise of the new bench. As it turns out, the movable jaw is a tad askew...
6
6

Festoons, anyone?
From Milwaukee CL: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/3940871749.html

Lee Valley - Online Clearance Event
Lee Valley Tools is having an online clearance event. Not sure if it extends to the US website, but here it is anyway.
9
9

OT: Ear Infection
Ear Infection This is so true! They always ask at the doctor's office why you are there, and you have to answer in front of others what is wrong and sometimes it is embarrassing. There is nothing...
2
2

O/T: The Great Truths
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------- During these serious and troubled times, people of all faiths should remember these four great religious truths: ..1. Muslims do...

Any decent new woodworking shows on TV?
I don't watch a lot of TV, but it seems that since Norm Abram quit doing NYW, I haven't seen any woodworking shows. There's alot of DIY and landscaping shows, but no actual woodworking shows. Dowes...
6
6

Bench progress II
Construction is complete. For the base, used dominoes for alignment augmen ted by lag bolts. Used Forstner bit for the dog holes. Much faster than i presumed. Need to sand to 150 and mount the vises....
5
5

O/T: Ben Is Home
This post was in my inbox this morning. Ben is my grand daughter's husband and just got back from his 2nd deployment to Afghanistan. Hopefully there won't be a 3rd. Lew
2
2

weird mechanisms, some wood
Yeah it's a Russian site, but not spam, they do have real websites in Russia. basilisk
1
1

What is it? Set 501
This week's set has been posted: Rob
12
12

OT: Electrical
My electric oven is on its own 220V 50amp circuit. It recently started to throw a GFI outlet on a separate circuit (110V) when my wife turned the oven light on. Now it's started to throw the same GFI...
39
39

O/T: It's MUGGY
It's MUGGY tonight in SoCal. Very unusual for SoCal. If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was in corn growing country back in the Midwest. Another couple of days of this and you will be able to hear...
27
27