Subject Author Posted Replies

does it work
for you hf fans see if this works supposed to be 20% for an item 50854834
2
2

miter lock router bits
One of my (not immediate) future projects is a couple of sofa tables. Each will be about 9' long, 16" wide. I plan on using black granite tile for the top supported by ply. The tile will be surrounded...
19
19

your current drill press rpm
mine's variable but I don't vary it very much and right now I think it's set to ~2000 rpm What's yours set to? And do you vary it often? It's like the lathe and speed depends on the wood but so far...
16
16

RE: Home Made Mortising Machine
View this week's Woodsmith Tip online: The above will get you to the "guild edition" which will get you to 217 edition which will then allow you to download the construction pdf (page 30 - page 38)...
8
8

Frame and Panel Door - Need To Offset The Panel
OK, so for those of you who have been extremely helpful regarding my kitche n door project, first off I offer my thanks for all the advice so far. That said, the design has changed and I need some...
8
8

Humility
A few weeks ago I posted a questions regarding lightening the color of an a ntique oak table. The table is a family heirloom that goes back at least 1 00 to 120 years. My folks had already stripped...
62
62

Delta 35-7657 vs. Dewalt DW7657 - Same Blade?
According to this post from 2007, the 2 blades listed in the subject line a re (were?) the same blade and also are (were?) decent blades. Does anyone know if this is still true? Stolen without...
11
11

Wood screw shank size
I went to the local Ace store today and bought a box of wood screws, size 10, Hillman brand. When I brought them home I decided to check the shank size, and was surprised when they came in a little...
28
28

Is It Me Or My Dado Blade?
I tried my hand at stub tenon joints tonight and ran into an issue. I think may need to buy a stacked dado set. I have an Excalibur twin blade dado set: This is what the stub tenon looks like: I don't...
52
52

Need Advice On Sizing/Hinging Shaker Doors
I need some help figuring out how to size the shaker style doors for my kit chen. I think that I also need to decide on which hinges I will be using so that I can size the doors correctly. I'm...
15
15

Replacing the Arbor Bearings in a Delta Homecraft 8² Table Saw
I normally hang out at where it was suggested that this posting would be of much interest to woodworkers, so I'm reposting it here at rec.woodworking. I have an old Delta Homecraft 8-inch Bench Model...
2
2

Router dust collection
Gentlemen, (you too, -MIKE-) May I call upon your vast woodworking experience and knowledge? Is there any such thing as effective dust collection for a router? I have 3 Craftsman, 3 Hitachi, 3...
33
33

Good deal on 10" Handscrews
10" handscrews $6.85 each. Free shipping over $25 (through 1/26 only) Promo code: V2677 I already have their 12" and 8" models. They seem to be of decent quality.
5
5

True 1/4" Plywood - From Drawer Bottoms Come Zero Clearance Inserts
As I was demo'ing the old drawers from my kitchen, I found this sticker on the bottom of one of them: The plywood is a true 1/4" and made of hardwoods. I did a Google search on Weldwood Plywood and...
3
3

RE: O/T: TurboTax
Looks like they heard you Bill. Now to get your rebate. Lew
2
2