Subject Author Posted Replies

an ambitious porch swing project without the porch
looks like a nice gathering spot on a warm day corrugated tin roof gives it a safari kind of look and feel no ropes though and i do wonder about the size of the chain looks on the small size for those...
1
1

Same Ole, Same Ole!
Since we'd spoke of swings and rockers, recently, I thought I'd pull out a rocker frame I assembled many years ago. I cut the backrest's heart-shaped contour off, to make a different one. Have the...
4
4

Inspect yu new Story Stick Tabs!
Just something to look for when you inspect the parts. Some of the clear plastic tabs missed having all of the flashing removed near the hole in the center. The flashing will prevent two tabs from...
10
10

Nightstand Drawers
I finished the hard part of the drawers, building them. I build them out of Baltic birch and used rabbeted corners reinforced with Domino floating tenons. I have built a few hundred drawers this way...
26
26

HF has shorter hours now in some stores
heard that they are closing some stores early so employees can get home before the end of the game err i mean to see the family
32
32

Bracket Hardware from Lee Valley
This bracket hardware looks really good, but it's damned expensive. 404 - Lee Valley Tools
76
76

Pressure while drilling
Ok, my newsserver doesn't seem to be working right so this is more or less a test message--but it's on topic! I was drilling some 1/2" holes in 2x4s using a twist bit and tailed drill. Occasionally it...
6
6

Need help designing a floating TV Stand
Hi all, I have little experience with wood working. For this summer, I am thinking of making a floating TV Shelf similar to one over here: However I am not able to figure out complete design. Ideally...
7
7

Crossing Kansas by Thomas Gauldin
(repost of a Tom Gauldin post to rec.woodworking some time in the 1990s) Crossing Kansas Every now and then, something arises that brings back memories so strongly that they simply cannot be ignored...
2
2

I should just hire Leon...
...or Karl or SOMEbody! I've been working on the last thing for our two master bedroom vanities. My side is finished but a pullout remains for hers. It will have four drawers and the drawers will...
1
1

Kitchen counter advice??
To mention it is to undercut its value. That is exactly the product I was talking about, but didn't have the sense to say it. I like the post formed , and now with the different styles of rolled...
24
24

Big Jim and the Sweetheart by Thomas Gauldin
This was originally posted 7/4/95. Google's current archival link points here: HFFUJ I'm reposting this so current rec.woodworking readers may enjoy this story again. All rights, etc, remain with...

Progress on the Nightstands
I have progressrd to the point that the night stands carcases are assembled. I am putting in drawers on full extension soft close slides and they will be inset. I added a couple of rails between the...
119
119

A craftsman Legacy TV Show - Alan Kaniarz
My wife and I enjoy watching the PBS show, A Craftsman Legacy. Each is a short introduction to a craftsman in their shop. Interesting folks and stories. This weekend was about Alan Kaniarz, The...
9
9

Toddler names over 75 shop tools!
Inquisitive 3 1/2 yr old gives a shop tour ;) This is my boy Hunter. He just turned 4 years old, but was 3 1/2 when we recorded this video. He is obsessed with all kinds of tools and machinery, from...
13
13