Subject Author Posted Replies

Lincoln Furniture Plans
Many years ago Popular Mechanics I think, posted a few articles and construction plans for several pieces of Lincoln furniture. Would anyone happen to know what issues those plans were in? Seems like...
3
3

how to build a worktable that can be leveled in middle of legs
So cut a section out of as many legs as needed and insert a threaded rod into each section of the leg using the appropriate hardware. Weld a nut on the rod so you can turn it with a wrench.
18
18

bench progress
Well, the bench is coming along slowly, but I've posted some pics in abpw for those that are interested. Joe C.

Your favorite plunge morticing jig
Been looking around the web (DAGS) looking for a morticing jig to build. Seen ones from very simple to very elaborate. Before I build one thought I would see what everyone thought really worked. have...
32
32

wanted, project for a young woodworker
I have a 8 yo boy visiting tomorrow and thought he might like to make something for his mother for Christmas, Does anyone have a suggestion for something he can make? I don't need plans, I can figure...
9
9

a table that walks when you push it... neat
There is a video on YouTube of a man pushing a table and the legs move up and down as if walking... very clever. In the fall of 2006, I attended the Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven, Netherlands, where...
5
5

Can improper wiring actually cause a fire?
The stove needs it, because the control and lighting circuits are 120V, and the 120V loads require a neutral. The air conditioner probably does not, and the water heater almost certainly does not,...
147
147

Keeping cords from cracking just below the strain relief?
I believe there's some sort of rule that on every drill that isn't enough of a piece of crap as to break in less than a month the outer insulation must break just below the strain relief. There's got...
9
9

REVIEW - Teknatool Supernova2 Woodturning Chuck - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, I have just completed a review of the Teknatool Supernova2 Turning Chuck. You can read the review online at it helps! Australian company, Triton, have been responsible for some excellent...

off topic (but it is a tool recommendation question)
Hey All, That earlier food post made me think back to Thanksgiving day. (No, I did not have the spicy shrimp). After setting the bird in the oven I started making the cranberry relish from fresh...
15
15

what did they do to Minwax stains?
hello, its a long story, but i haven't stained anything for about twenty years. recently i wanted to, so i bought the little yellow minwax can and heaved to. it was not what i remember by a long, long...
12
12

Tried finding the receipe
Can not locate the etoufee recipe. Can someone reprint it. Thanks.
4
4

Venting about trucks, trailers, and custmer service
Over the weekend I finished most of my move. I had moved all of my machines a couple weeks ago except for one where the cabinet I made was 5 feet wide. As it turns out, the 5'x9' trailer is really...
22
22

Ryobi/Crafstman detail biscut joiner comments
After running across the term "R1 biscuit" and googling it and finding out what they were, I've repeatedly had project in which I said to myself "gee, one of those detail biscuits would be nice right...
9
9

Delta TP300 planer knife screws -- problems
I have the low end Delta TP300 Shopmaster planer, which has been sold in various forms for quite some time. It works fine for my meager needs. I had to destroy over half the knife locking screws to...
2
2