Subject Author Posted Replies

The 20$ Woodcraft spoon plane
Every time I went to Woodcraft I'd notice that little spoon plane think about it, and move on. Last week I had twenty bucks burning a hole in my pocket and couldn't help myself. What the heck, if I...
6
6

MDF workbench top & dogs
I'm thinking of building this beast as a workbench: you're too shy to go to the page, it's a workbench with 2 full 3/4" MDF layers and 2 "semi" MDF layers for the top (MDF on the ends and edges), and...
15
15

LN 140 -- Veritas alternative?
Have about decided to use a Christmas gift certificate for a LN 140. This review out some negatives of this plane, but Alf's main negatives seem to be as a general purpose skew plane. Having just...
2
2

Drill Press Update (a Skarie story)
First, I want to commend Skarie in Baltimore who took care of their customer. They sent out the service tech with a new drill head, which he prechecked for run out, and changed out my old one. Said if...
1
1

Birds mouth joint in thin stock
I plan to make a pair of Prairie style lamp shades out of thin stock (3/16 or 1/4 red oak) I would like to use a birds mouth joint for the corners.. Does anyone know of a source on how to set up...
5
5

How much time to align table saw?
I've read in a thread or two, that you should take a "day or two" to align your table saw. Are they talking 8 hour or anything near 8 hour days? 16 hours to align a saw? Just wondering how long people...
14
14

FS: 6" Jointer in SW Florida
I have an old 6" Powerkraft Jointer for sale in SW Florida. It has a 36" bed, with a newer rockwell motor. It has newly sharpened knives, and cuts great. Both in and outfeed tables are adjustable. A...

Motor start wiring question
I have just acquired the Shop Fox 220V remote dust collector switch and have changed the plug and outlet to the ones we use here in New Zealand. My dust collector is a Holytek with an induction motor...

General machines
Any recommendations for an online dealer for General (Canada) machines? Max
11
11

biscuit mitre joints / set up of CMS
I am pretty much a newbie but have some cool tools to play with, one being a biscuit jointer. I've done a few panels and shelf faces, but when I followed my Wood plans for making the base of a...

Wheel mounting options
I found a little time between projects so I'm building a new table saw stand. It's 48" by 23" and will be on 4" casters. I have two options for mounting the wheels 1/4" lag screws or 1/4" bolts....
4
4

Hawaiian wood - bring home?
Going to Hawaii soon and I'm interested in bringing some local wood back with me - monkey pod and koa, for example. Has anyone done this before? Should I attempt to bundle some up and ship it with my...
8
8

9" Bandsaw question
I recently purchased a Mastercraft 2.4 Amp 9" bandsaw. It is supposed to be suited for the hobbyist, but this thing can't cut butter. I have adjusted all my guides so they are spaced perfectly, the...
12
12

Freud 3 1/4 Plunge Router
I have a Benchdog Protop Contractor RT150 portable router table (though I don't plan on porting it) Anyways, I'm looking at the Freud router for this table. Does anyone care to share their experiences...
6
6

GLOAT I gotta lumber get'er
I bought a 12' long, 6' wide Leonard utility trailer. Oh boy, she's a bute! :) No more lumber sticking out the back of the family SUV. Now I can buy as much lumber as I can afford without worrying...
6
6