Subject Author Posted Replies

Veritas vs. Lie Nielsen hand planes
I've been extremely pleased with my block and rabbet planes from Veritas, and I'm now in the market for a big bench plane - a 6 or a 7. I'm not so much interested in looks and resale value as I am...
4
4

Opinions on value of this recently ended Festool package on eBay
much do _you_ think it's worth as a package? R http://cgi.ebay.com/Festool-Woodworking-Tools-LIKE-NEW_W0QQitemZ250093509583How
2
2

Buying wood furniture with no plastic
I was shopping for dining tables and dressers last week. There are the places that sell made-in-China stuff with lots of plastic and drawers that are stuck. There is the chain called Gothic Cabinet...
5
5

Frank Klausz Inspired Dovetail Process PDF in a.b.p.w.
Usually the tools of my neighbor that I covet are of the edged or motorized variety. One friend has an all-in-one printer/scanner that scans directly to a PDF file. Drop in the stack of sheets, hit...
9
9

Another Short Story
This post is pointed at the members of the group who try to earn a living with their tools, brains and brawn doing wood working. In my career as a cabinet maker and custom closet designer, builder and...
9
9

Re: tool for jewelry box replies
many thanks for the replies. I have changed my mind (it was easy) and am going to use the barrel hinge approach. thanks again! jaq

A Short Story
Some years ago, I decided to enter the custom built closet business. In order to get known I did some advertising in the local shelter magazine and signed up for a print ad in the phone directory....

Finished this weekend
Here are a couple of projects I finished this weekend: also posted a couple of pics of the table over at a.b.p. woodworking with a question: Does anyone have a method of toning down light sapwood in a...
20
20

Unisaw on Craig's List Seattle
Unisaw listed on Craig's List Seattle for $630.00 I don't know anything about it bit I already have one. Marv
3
3

Window shutters
Drop a Shell No-Pest strip in there. Problem solved. Is a drop down shutter a possibility? (Awning most of the time ... shutter when needed.) Louvers on that style are exposed to flow-through all the...
15
15

poly 1st coat
I am using oil based poly. Should I dilute the first coat 1/1 with spirits to get good penetration? Next coats full strength? ( sanded between the coats naturally) Thanks Lee
9
9

tool for jewelry box
I live in the northwest and my baby daughter (32 yrs old) from Texas was visiting and we went to a store that sells wood products. She wants a jewelry box! We saw several and I have a reasonable idea...
9
9

A little bit OT
Yeah ... it's really confusing how that could be. Other than totally misreading the market (hey guys ... high gas prices are here to STAY), and off-shoring the lions share of their production, they...
39
39

What would YOU do with this thing?
Our 1950s house came with this funky Majestic indoor grill, built in next to the fireplace. what little I've been able to find, it's a gas grill, though the house was never equipped with gas. I...
17
17

Door panels CUPPING during DRY season??????
We have 2-over-2 paneled interior doors in our 125 year old Italianate house. We have only lived in the house for 2 years, but now for the first time I am noticing that many of the panels are getting...
17
17