Subject Author Posted Replies

Gloat! (Almost...)
I've wanted to get one of these but they don't make one for my saw (Ridgid TS2424), damn it. Congrats on the buy.
2
2

Help in Making an Octagon
Actually you want the 45 degree bevel to begin at 1-11/64" from each corner, leaving 1-21/32" in the center for actual 4x4.
29
29

The Joys of Carpentry
> As opposed to wood-working. > > Just finished an 8'X8" garden shed. TP twobys, 1/2" TP ply and then > clad with cedar planks. What a hoot! By chance, you been suffering from cabin fever? Lew
4
4

Going price of cherry
$8.40 in Houston.
8
8

Repair Cost on an Amana Washer
Fix it yourself. The repair man has told you what needed fixed now go online to get the parts and fix it yourself.
5
5

Ottawa Hand Tools on Sale
I don't know this guy, but happened on his site. He has some wonderful stuff for sale. Much of it is Veritas and LN.

Cross-cutting a 50 degree angle
I've been biting my tongue. Eight responses and no one has mentioned "Mark it with a bevel gauge and cut it with a handsaw". Several years back, I took some hand tool classes because I couldn't make a...
14
14

OT -- well, more or less
So, where's the links page?
4
4

RE: Router Mortising Jig
Recently there was a discussion about using a plunge router along with a home made jig to make a mortise. Jig is simple enough; however, proper set up could be a little touchy since there are no...
5
5

SF Bay Area WWing Show
Forrest WWII - thin or regular kerf - $79.95 - best deal I've seen. Spent some time with the Festool Domino. Price tag for the whole kit and caboodle - $1,000.50 (plus ta, license and dealer prep,...

Aberration
I think I had a bout of temporary insanity today. I've been doing less woodworking and more woodturning lately, and I suspect that ratio is going to continue if not grow even larger. Since I have a...
5
5

Woodie with finger-joints?
Re: Woodie with finger-joints? Sat, Apr 14, 2007, 6:57am (EDT-3) (FoggyTown) I was wondering, what wood was usually used for woodies? Maple? Ash? Elm? Yes. And other woods. If you want to improvise:...
3
3

Dovetail Update
Get thee one of thos 70 degree side bevel chisels ( 1/8" or 3 mm) and ONE of the joint fit pitfalls can be greatly reduced or eliminated - the bottom corners of the sockets. Normal bevel edged bench...
10
10

Angle Cuts
I am new to wood working and the project I am making states to cut the wood at a 1/8 inch off-set. How do I make this cut with a table saw? This project is a magazine rack The step reads "...
3
3

HOW TO CLEAN: Vinyl Coated Shelving; Help Wanted
Cannot get rid of that sticky feeling on some VC Shelving in a house I'm fixing up. Wound up buying new But thought to ask in case ANYONE had a sure-fire cleaning tip for the stuff. NORM
2
2