10mm core box router bit?

Does anyone know who might have these? Or will I have to have one made?

I know it's not a common item, but nothing else will work.

Thanks, Jay

Reply to
Jay.Martin60

A 1/4" radius (1/2"wide cut) if not plunged to full depth?

If you need the full 5mm depth, than none of my catalogues (on-line and in my office) have one.

Royce-Ayr will make you one for a reasonable price.

Robatoy

Yes, the 5mm depth is critical, as I need to produce a 10mm hole precisely centered in two glued-up pieces of wood. A twist drill wanders too much...I need to be within a couple thousandths/" and I just can't do that (repeatably) on a drill press. It just occurred to me that I can router the "hole" before the glue-up, and it will actually solve several problems at the same time.

Thank you for pointing me to Royce Ayr, I've never heard of them before. If I don't find the bit over the weekend, I'll contact them Monday.

Jay

Reply to
Jay.Martin60

Good morning Jay,

While not a box core bit, you can get 10 mm router bits from:

quick check shows they have several different bits with different spiral patterns.

HTH

Rick

Reply to
Rick M

I dont understand how you can accurately router the hole before glue-up, but not drill press before glue up?? How about a 10mm forstner bit?

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Jay... Unless you're a lot better with a router than most here, I can't see it being nearly as accurate as a brad point drill in a drill press..

Isn't that what they make drill presses for?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis