Subject Author Posted Replies

Oak panels for bathroom wainscoting?
Greetings- We're remodeling a bathroom in our 1957 home, the interior of which is almost entirely honey-colored oak (trim, windows, stairs, floors) so we're considering some sort of oak wainscoting in...
2
2

Oak veneer table project.
Bought a nice golden oak veneer round dining table used. It has a few minor surface flaws, no gouges just small areas where finish has come off. There is one spot that has a raised area like a bubble,...

Progressively more intimidating tools.
Most of the tools I have, I'm pretty confident using it. My first worm drive Skil circular saw had so much power as it would kick as soon as the trigger is pulled and would run away if both hands were...
48
48

wood for Bat houses
Has anyone used old pallets for building bat houses? Nice seasoned stuff. Yes a metal scanner is required for usings this wood. Not picked one out yet.
32
32

Hard maple, dull blade, burning and glue.
I'm planning on cleaning it up, but I sized the slab for my bench using a dull blade, and there's quite a bit of burning. If you just glue it like that, are you really risking failure, or is the (long...
3
3

Anyone have a Jet AFS-500?
It moves less air than the AFS-1000, which makes sense as it is half the size, but claims to have a 1/2hp motor rather than the 1/6hp motor in the AFS-1000. I tried to find the amps (they don't lie...

My new Delta jointer vibrations
I bought a floor standing (as opposed to their bench model) jointer, jt360 I believe the model number is. One thing I noticed right off is how much it vibrates. The bearings seem fine on the blade...
9
9

And then there were four. (gloat)
My wife's secretary mentioned in passing that her husband's unemployment insurance was about to run out. His job was shipped, along with 300 others' from his factory, to China. After a few days of...
6
6

Re: A Sewing Machine For The Workshop
You in a city with much schmatta trade? If you go to an industrial sewing machine place they'll fix you up with a used machine like a Juki that will run forever. (those machines actually have an oil...
5
5

First Dovetails!
I finally got to use my new dovetail jig for a project (Leigh D4R). I assembled one of seven drawers today! Took me a while to get the hang of the D4R before I hit my 'real' drawer pieces with the...
9
9

Hurry up! rs players come in, please. Have you faced this problem?
I found a superb website The content there has helped me a lot. Now i am full of confidence to win in rs. You can go there and check it out if you are available. I hope there will be some help for...

Home Based Business
I'm not stuck in traffic Real Income Producer Earn extra money from home, get good training and support from owner Home business, below to listen to my audio message: to listen!

Tool Pouches
ANyone have the Lee Valley "Professional Tool Pouches" they seem to be of decent quality, but I'm wondering if anyone actually has them. I will be using them for framing and they are the only ones i...
1
1

Negative gloat!
I have always boasted of my great buys; so it is only fair to mention a screw up. Maybe someone can learn from it. I bought a set of reconditioned Dewalt 36v tools on Ebay for $480. That is $75 less...
9
9

Plumbing access through top of tub surround?
I am installing a whirlpool tub into an alcove, where the center wall is an exterior wall. There is room to have about a 6" surround on each side of the tub, or I could have it off-center and go up to...
14
14