Subject Author Posted Replies

Best plane for shooting
How about the Lie Nielsen #9 - http://www.lie-nielsen.com/catalog.php?sku=9JP
30

OT: Buck Rogers in the 21st Century (was: Router w/ negative template)
: I only mentioned the CNC approach when asked if the guide : bushing/template method was the only way the job could be done and if : there wasn't an easier way. When I was growing up we thought that...
7
7

Finish Andersen Slidng Patio Door
I have a new Andersen slider with a pine interior. I want to just leave it natural. Since the door is rather expensive, I don't want to screw it up. I was thinking of using some Benjamin Moore wood...
4
4

How to attach a table top without screws showing...
I have a very short little planter table that I put together as a silly father-son project with my 3 year old. The idea was to use up the left over lumber from my deck. I haven't finished the table...
13
13

Entrance way Arch
My wife wants an arched entrance to the front of the house -- and of course I just say OK. The arch will cover a span of about 72" and will be about 18" in height. Okay no problem. My question is -->...
6
6

venturi vacuum
Has anyone created their own vacuum bag setup using a venturi and their air compressor? I'm looking to do the same and would like to learn of anything you learned in the process. Specifically, I'd...
11
11

Wipe on finish woes
I know a lot of you folks swear by the wipe ons like Waterlox and ArmRSeal but I'm just swearing AT them. I cannot seem to get a smooth even finish with either. That should make it obvious that the...
15
15

Making A Walking Cane
Recently I lost my cane. Don't need it 99% of the time, but if the knee goes, need it right then, so've taken to carrying a cane. Then lost it. Apparently I set it on the top of the cab of my trucklet...
10
10

HIKING STICK
do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://www.backpacking.net/makegear/hiking-staff/JOATI
6
6

CANOE - PDF
One thing about reposting plans, there's alway new people coming along, and think it's the firs time. JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso
3
3

Tools/Toys Made in China
With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.
11
11

What type of finish?
Hi there! I am currently making a ring (finger ring), and I was wondering what would be a good type of finish to use? It will be worn, so it needs to be durable and it has the chance of getting wet...
6
6

Staining flat boards
Something that I haven't quite got the gist of doing well yet. How to stain a flat board **without** getting drips down the sides or staining the sides of the board so that it turns out with the same...
7
7

Shop heat
What kind of shop heater would you reccomend? My shop is 28x32 with 10 foot ceilings. It would have to be electric for there is no gas line nearby. I could easily run 220 in the ceilings and use a...
23
23

Multimeter as moisture meter?
For the electrical engineer types amongst us: Figuring that moisture meters are measuring some dimension of electricity is there some way a multimeter could be used for measuring the moisture ratio in...
10
10