10" Table saw speed.

I'm in the process of doing some upgrades to my 20 year old Delta contractor saw. One of the things I want to do is replace the cast pulleys with machined ones. Looked at the set that In-line Industries sells According to the company most blades spin at about 3450 rpm. They recommend running the blade at 3800 rpm. Does anybody have any thoughts or experience on running at the higher speed? Better, worse, or is there no notable difference?
Oswin
oswin556 wrote:

Saw blades are designed for a specific tooth loading. Increasing the blade speed means you would need to feed the wood faster to match.
However, that's only about a 10% difference. You probably cause more variation than that just pushing the wood through by hand.
My guess is no real difference. The cynic in me says that they probably make those pulleys for other purposes, or can source them cheaply.
Chris

This one is 3000 rpm http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e 6&p`86
This one has more HP and is 4000 rpm http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e 6&pa55
This one is 3450 rpm http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e 6&pR22
I doubt it would be a problem and for thin stock could help the feed rate, but unless you increase the power, it will not help on the 3" thick maple.
Circular saw blades are tensioned to run at a rim speed of approx 10,000 FTM. That equates to 3819 RPM on a 10" blade

Contact the manufacturer of your blade and ask them.
Is there something wrong with your die cast pulleys? If they have been working for 20 years why change them now? Seems to me you are just increasing the load on the bearings.
--

Roger Shoaf