Zanussi ZSF4123 dishwasher cold water problem

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice about my dishwasher that has suddenly stopped heating the water. It seems to operate ok but the water is stone cold and the tablet is semi-dissolved at the end of the washing cycle.

Does this point to the heating element or are there other possible reasons for this?

Any help appreciated .

Todd.

Reply to
todd

On 13 Feb 2007 07:26:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@oxfordeye.co.uk mused:

The dishwasher should know when the water has heated up and if it doesn't, e.g. through a faulty heater, then it will usually stop mid cycle. The fact it carries on regardless points to a thermostat at fault (common) or programmer fault (uncommon), although I believe it is controlled from a PCB on this model (from memory) which could be faulty (mediumly common).

Reply to
Lurch

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the info. I am going to take it apart a bit tonight to investigate... anything I should look out for ? Is the PCB in the door (behind the buttons) or located elsewhere?

Regards

Todd

Reply to
todd

On 13 Feb 2007 11:09:35 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@oxfordeye.co.uk mused:

Usually behind the controls on the door. I haven't got a drawing for this one so can't tell you exactly where the stat is but I would start at the stat and heater, check for power and continuity. Hopefully it will be the stat at fault, as it's the cheapest of the 3 aforementioned parts at 12 quid!

Beware that there will be voltages where and when you don't expect them inside appliances, excercise extreme caution to prolong your health!

Reply to
Lurch

Hi again Stuart,

Ok, I've had a quick look inside the door panel. I can see a white box that is the control unit (buttons on the outside) and thats about it in there. No obvious PCB, although I assume its wrapped up in the white box.

Do you think the thermostate is likely to be in the door unit somewhere or could it be in the sides/back of the appliance ? Im loathed to take it all apart searching.

Thanks agan for your help

Todd.

Reply to
todd

On 13 Feb 2007 12:45:44 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@oxfordeye.co.uk mused:

Yep, more than likely.

It'll be somewhere under it, or behind it, or on the side, or somehwere else. I assumed that as you said you were dismantling it you had some idea what you were looking for. The stat on this, IIRC, is some large non-thermostat looking device.

It is possible that you might be safer to get someone in to take a look. As a guide, if it was the stat then from us you'd be looking at a bill of about 40 odd quid to sort it. I would have replied sooner but falling asleep in front of the telly took presidence!

Reply to
Lurch

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for you reply. I'll call someone out. As you say, it probably won't be too expensive. Im not massively electrical (Im a games programmer by trade) but hate the fact that kitchen appliances seem to be engineered to last just a few years (this dishwasher is just 2years old).

Usually I just take the item apart and observe. Watch and look for the fault, then just buy the replacement part. Its worked for my washing machines 4 times (motor brushes, door latch, condensor unit, mounting bolds sheared) and my cooker (thermostate blew).... In this case Im loathed to take it all apart since I don't think I'll see the fault.

Calling engineer now...

Thanks again

Todd

Reply to
todd

Hi Stuart,

Just to finish off (and maybe get the part required). The engineer came out and identified it as a failed PCB. It was =A3159 but he suggested he repaired it (soldered) as a short term fix allowing me to buy the part myself. That 'temporary' fix has now failed so Im after the part. Do you happen to know where I can buy it ? I believe it is an EDW11 for a ZSF4123.

Thanks for any info.

Todd

Reply to
todd

On 25 Feb 2007 11:22:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@oxfordeye.co.uk mused:

Have to look into this a bit more tomorrow but basically the EDW11 is the blank unprogrammed board AFAIAA.

I believe yours is a DIVA/4 which is 93.84 + P&P. If you can give me all of the numbers off the box the PCB is in (under where it says EDW

11 00 or similar) then I'll confirm that it is the correct part.

Feel free to email me if you prefer, might get a quicker response as I may miss the odd post on the newsgroup. Replace usenet with stuart in the email address in the header.

Reply to
Lurch