wtf?

A search for 'metal lath' at BnQ gae some bizarre results...

match in power tools

15 matches in curtain poles and blinds and 13 matches in paint and varnish!!

What is with these people?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Is it them, or are you not using the search engine properly? I suspect it is finding metal OR lath, and not metal AND lath or "metal lath".

I have no idea what a "lath" is, but searching for just lath turns up one result, for a lathe. :-)

Reply to
diy

It would. The only 'lath' I know of in context is in lath and plaster so is wood.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

B&Q do metal lath for plastering over at their warehouses but probably not online.

Basil

Reply to
basil

I suspect you need ot search for "eml" which is expanded metal lath

Anna n ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

plaster so

thats what i looked for first, but no results. It was the bizarre responses to 'metal lath' that got me. Paint??? I ckecked, there was no 'lath' or any word containing 'lath' in the result.

Its remarkable how far the net has to go in some respects. Some commercial sites still seem to be designed by the clueless.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I suspect they don't bother to list it because of the hassle of delivery - but any local BM should have some.

Reply to
Rob Morley