Worcester Combi 24i - NOT Junior

Hi,

woke up this morning and an RCD had tripped - seems it controls some sockets which include the Combi electric supply. Turned it back on and everything works except the Combi.

I've replaced the combi socket fuse so I am guessing that the first step is to reset the boiler. However, the instructions say that the reset is on the top of the boiler, but all I can find is a tiny pipe with a red cover, and a brown pipe like thing with a cross in plastic at its' opening.

Any ideas how to reset it?

Many Thanks

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

I suppose it is just possible that a) the boiler over heated and b) as the O/H cut out tripped there was a cause for the RCD to trip.

Looking at the

suspect that the flue gas sampling tube is one of them - likely the red capped pipe. The O/H device seems to be unusual in the its located in the usual place (on the heat exchanger) but is reset at a distance on the top of the chamber.

My _guess_ is that either the plastic cross is pushed, or it unscrews to reveal a press-able reset button.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ed,

Thanks for taking the trouble to look at this.

I'll have another look at the thing with the cross.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

However the underlying problem might need looking into. Why did it O/H and why did that cause an RCD trip?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Builder/plumber called round this afternoon regarding some work he is doing for me and discovered that the mains power lead, (black), had come loose - put it back and Bingo! Not an O/H. He also said that to reset this model, you turn off and on at the mains ???

Probably arced when it came loose and tripped RCD.

Now I know how to DIY this problem in the future

Thanks again for the thoughts, and the location of the picture.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

To reset from an _ignition_ lock out the power is turned off and on. An O/H lockout requires resetting the O/H stat. At least that is both my experience and what it says in the book.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I know. But I/we cant find a reset button - It's normally on the top front left, but there is only that brown thing with the plastic cross. You cant press it, nor can you unscrew it.

Anyway, it's working now, so hopefully wont have a problem

Thanks again.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Since I've only reset then for ignition problems I don't know. Perhaps when you _really_ do have an O/H problem the plastic cross will jump out and be resetable.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
Richard Faulkner