Wood burning stove - anyone any experience of Country Kiln?

I have had a country kiln cast stove model 1 5kw for the last 5years it's o n most days,and has been one of the strongest stoves I've owned,I have had Franco Belge cast enamelled,and Tripp stoves they have fell apart ,despite burning kinder coals that are not petroleum based,with a multi fuel stove p rice is not a guarantee of quality,the country kiln 1 stove I have has been excellent ,and I would recommend,,mr Pritchard Herefordshire

Reply to
stevenpritchard52

You would do better to get a room sealed stove. ie, combustion air is drawn from outside directly into the stove not cold a ir drawn into the room as per traditional stoves.

harry

Wonderful advice and only four years (plus a month) too late.

Reply to
David

I bought a 7kW Country Kiln multi fuel stove about 7/8 years ago. After about 3 years use, the fire backplate cracked. I repaired it with a t hin steel sheet fixed behind the backplate with 3 small screws. Thinking th e stove was on its way out I ordered another similar one as a spare, ready to fit if needed. It is still in my garage because the original is still going strong. This morning I noticed a small crack in the grate and phoned for a replacem ent. The man I spoke to was very helpful. He said if I was only burning woo d then I could safely do away with the grate. If I am burning coal (which I am) then get a steel plate made locally and perforate it with ½? ? holes. A cheap and practical answer ? Thank you. Replace the rope door seals whenever you notice a difference in the type of flame and the stove will serve you well. Five stars Country Kiln. Garth

Reply to
elagroart
[5 lines snipped]

FWIW, I was very impressed with the response from Jotul when I wanted to know how to remove the doors on my Jotul J12 (which do not simply lift off!) which is ~25 years old. They sent me the engineering drawings!

Reply to
Huge

I had 3 in my last property, very happy with all of them.

Reply to
david