Wireless DIY Video / Web Cam with motion detector: Recommendations?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a wire-less video cam, (colour and perhaps night vision) which has motion detect and can be connected to a computer for home surveillance?

Doesn't have to be too sophisticated or expensive, (£100 - £200 maximum)

Just need it for monitoring a room in my house when I'm away and possibly be able to transmit video and record to my PC or possibly send to an e-mail address when I'm away.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
niet

there's wireless cams and there's wireless cams, which do you require?

This requires a PC capture card installed in computer.

there's the true wireless cams but you would be hard pushed to find one with infared night time monitoring at £200.
with these webcams they only work with internet explorer.

Here's a review site.

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Does it have to be wireless? These are quite good if you can run a cat 5 cable or add a wireless bridge.

dennis

Hi there,

Try some of the Ebay auctions for this type of stuff - I've seen a DVR cpature card and software for =A38 (like this

a wireless internal day / night cam for about =A320 (like this one
luck!

Sim> > Hi,

Reply to
Simon

>Panasonic also produce the BLC-30 which has wireless capability. See
#6011658945

Reply to
Micawber

How about this.

would also be interested in any knowledgeable opinion of these, I am thinking of installing something similar.

-
Reply to
Mark

The problem with these things on eBay is they are frequently illegal (in the UK) 1.2GHz radio. If it doesn't say its 2.4GHz then it is probably 1.2GHz and could get you fined as well as getting the equipment consficated.

Reply to
dennis

There is an allocation at 1.394 Ghz for CCTV applications......

Reply to
tony sayer

But you have to have a license.

1.2G is illegal. 2.4G is unlicensed.
Reply to
dennis

Sorry. It is unlicensed as long as you don't cause interference.

Reply to
dennis

No, 1.394 Ghz is licence exempt with a 500 mW ERP....

Correct...

Reply to
tony sayer

Thanks for the help and info guys, ........... most useful.

Will probably go for a Panasonic BLC10 or BLC30

Cheers

Reply to
niet