Windows Cleaning - Source of 'extension poles' and are they any good?

Windows Cleaning ... house faces East/West and so the windows look grubby for at least half the day.
Are the 'extension pole' window cleaning systems any good?
Could hire a window cleaner, but that's not in the spirit of DIY!
I don't really fancy getting a ladder as they do tend to wobble a bit... although if a non-wobble ladder was available I'd be ok.
Oh, and any ideas where to get such a cleaning system and rough costs?
Have uPVC throughout being able to sponge the sills would be a bonus.
Many thanks. Steve
I have an aluminum extendible tube type which extends as far as house gutters, cost about 15.
Works OK but difficult to get squeegee to remove all water from window. Also its important to get cleaning liquid right. I use small amount washing up liquid and warm water.
I also try and clean the windows when neighbours not present.
Mike.

I just visited an agricultural show and bought a truck wash down brush .... this is telescopic, has a really good brush head ... and a hose attached to bottom, and feeds water up through the pole.
Very good quality build - you could pick one up at any tractor or agricultural outlet I guess.
Rick